• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington Commanders lol

CRA

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

I understand that, but objectively speaking it is a goofy name for a sports team, but we're all used to it by now so it doesn't make a difference. 

Used to it, yes, but does 'Browns' still get mocked and ridiculed after all these years?  Sure it does, you even pointed it out yourself.  While 'Commanders' (lol) might become normalized, it will most likely always be made fun of.  I know I will.

9 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

So did anyone else notice they had two different colored helmets? So can they use both? Why don’t panthers bring out a black helmet?

Since 2013 the rule was that you could only have one base color for helmets, you could only change the decals.  They didnt want players using new helmets week in and week out. They just did away with that rule, 2022 will be the first year you can have a diff color helmet.  Teams had to declare by the end of July in 2021 if they wanted to use a new alternate helmet color.  No idea if the Panthers did that or not.

11 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

What’s worse, this or the Cleveland Guardians?

Guardians. I am a Cleveland fan (wife is from Akron, although I've been a fan since the early 1990s). The team is now named after freaking statues on a bridge. Plus, the new Flying G logo absolutely sucks. I even hate the new font for the team as well.

Edited by Bama Panther