• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When do you think we'll see the Panthers in the Super Bowl again?

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We have a (relatively) young late stage Al Davis as our owner. 

real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-its-all

Just like a coach or a player can learn from early mistakes and evolve over time, I'm not ready to write Tepper off completely as an owner and just say we're doomed until he dies or sells the team. The reality is the decisions an owner makes are educated guesses at best, and while it's easy and tempting as a fan to sit back and kneejerk and say this coaching staff has to go (imo it does) or this GM has to go (not as convinced), the organization Tepper came from in Pittsburgh is one of the NFL's most successful over time, and since 1969, it has had exactly 3 head coaches.

As bad as the Rhule hire looks now, and it looks fugging awful, Tepper could learn from that mistake and nail his next hire, or he could learn nothing and make another disasterous misstep. Looking at the history of the NFL as a whole, odds are he does something in the middle, but if our next coaching staff turns out to be inept, then yeah, we might not see a good team in our lifetime.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. The Bengals are a terrible organization and basically completely lucked into an elite franchise QB and the best rookie WR anyone has ever seen. That's the type of luck it would take for us and that's assuming Tepper gets our coaching situation fixed. So yeah...

9c8fb30f-6b30-41f0-b69d-98294d0c4b4f_tex

stomp-the-yard-indeed.gif

48 minutes ago, Lets get it Canes said:

Jerry would stay out of football decisions. Jerry all things considered was a pretty good owner respected across the league. 

We want Tepper to make the selection with our 1st round pick this year. Did you not get the memo that Tepper is not involved enough in football decisions and that's the problem?

I think the Panthers are still talent deficient, we have some good players but nobody in a Top 5 positional category except for CMC but he can't stay healthy. Look at the teams in the Super Bowl they have super star players that really carried their team, Donald, Cupp, Burrow, Chase. We went to the Super Bowl with Luke, Cam, Olsen, Norman in their prime. 

As much as we bash Rhule and coaching, I don't think we have the talent on the field to compete for a Super Bowl. At the same time Rhule is responsible for acquiring talent. So in conclusion, I don't think the panthers will contend for Super Bowl until a new coaching staff and when we get superstar players. 

15 hours ago, Wolfpredator said:

And by the way, I do not think that will happen.  I am talking about BEST case but if I am being real with my pessimistic self, I say 10-15 years.  

I hate to say it but I agree 

I look at the talent on other coaching staffs and players, and the truth is, and this will piss people off, there might be 3 players that would garner a first rd  pick in trade, 3 others a 2 rd.  The rest are just guys 

i do not see that bright mind at gm or coach to drive otherwise 

• Pie 1

Well let's see, we average an appearance every 13.5 seasons, which is above chance and probably optimistic going forward, but let's go with it.  

So in the next 50 years, well, our odds are pretty good, 97% we make at least one, and better than even odds we make at least 4.  

What about not so optimistic?  Maybe we're like the Falcons, and we can expect one every 30 seasons.  Then in that 50 year span, while we'd still expect to make at least one with 80% chance, and at least two or more with 50% chance, that 20% of not seeing one for the rest of our lives looms pretty large.  And even if you get there, it's another coinflip hoping to win.

If you plan on living for the next 50 years, you better hope the Panthers are capable of making a SB appearance at least on average one in every ~30 seasons or odds are more likely than not you'll never see a win for your entire life