• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan interviewed for Steelers GM job

BurnNChinn

This isn't a lateral move.  It's the final step in a career track the guy has been chasing with one of the most stable and successful franchises in history.  It's a complete no brainer for him.

There are 32 of these jobs in the world.  Of course you take the interview.

• Pie 6

So many sensitive homers here lol. The same folks who will give Fitterer a pass for Darnold and the FA olinemen we brought in bc he was hired to be Rhule's glorified errand boy. We could have hired someone like Morgan for the role from the jump and not given Matt "one year of NFL experience" Rhule full control.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

He’s interviewing for a chance to run the show in Pittsburgh of all places. He’d be a fool not to….look at it as a good sign that he’s garnering outside interest it means we have talent in the front office. The only question is will Rhule get out of the way so the talent can do it’s job. 

Edited by CashNewton22
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Tepper should have fixed this, and as fans we have a long, long season coming up!

Obviously if Tepper can't magically make assistant GMs not interested in GM jobs he's a failure as an owner.  He should make everyone so happy that they turn down promotions.

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Watching the actual talent get plucked from this organization has become a near annual ritual. Amazing the talent we've had here and let walk to retain fuging bums.

Who are the 4 or 5 most notable losses?

Have there been off-setting hires that are deserving of  your acknowledgment?

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Watching the actual talent get plucked from this organization has become a near annual ritual. Amazing the talent we've had here and let walk to retain fuging bums.

The whole Brandon Beane thing is still really disturbing and I guess that goes to Richardson's indifference in actually progressing into the new millennium 

Lol people acting like him trying for an actual promotion with another team is he I'm rejecting us. 

Lots of stuff to complain and whine about with the panthers, but him trying for a promotion is not him trying to get away from the panthers.

It's a fuggin promotion you ninnies!

Why would he not want to try for that regardless of how we were doing?

• Pie 3

Not joking, I'd be down to just give Morgan our GM keys and bring Luke back in as an AHC/Consultant to Dan's handpicked HC.  

Fit could be good but the whole Rhule/Fit situation needs to just be washed away. 

Morgan & Sal can stay as one is the personnel/team builder and the other is the money guy.

F it, let's go full linebacker for 2023--

GM: Dan Morgan

HC: Jerod Mayo

AHC/Defensive Consultant: Luke Kuechly

QB: Bryce Young 

18 minutes ago, davos said:

Not joking, I'd be down to just give Morgan our GM keys and bring Luke back in as an AHC/Consultant to Dan's handpicked HC.  

Fit could be good but the whole Rhule/Fit situation needs to just be washed away. 

Morgan & Sal can stay as one is the personnel/team builder and the other is the money guy.

F it, let's go full linebacker for 2023--

GM: Dan Morgan

HC: Jerod Mayo

AHC/Defensive Consultant: Luke Kuechly

QB: Bryce Young 

Exactly why I posted not crying about him interviewing like @rayzorsays. I don’t think Fitterer is that great, so I’m would just promote Dan to GM and fired Fhule/Fitterer. If he don’t get hired by Steelers this is what needs to happen in 23