• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have reached out to Minnesota for Kirk Cousins

ncfan

8 minutes ago, Mage said:

I'm not saying I want us to trade for Cousins, because I don't.  But he's definitely way better than mediocre.  124 TDs to 36 INTs since 2018.  

Even if you argue he is not as good as the numbers he puts up, and I think there is a fair argument there, he's still a lot better than mediocre.  Cousins to me is in that 12-14 range for QBs, which is pretty good.  And for all his faults, he was far from the reason the Vikings missed the playoffs last year.

The 12-14 range IS mediocre.  He put up big numbers.  So what.  That offense is absolutely stacked, and he has not shown the ability to win the big games.

Trading assets to then pay a guy top 3 money to be a 12-14 QB is just madness.  It's objectively bad.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

I wasn’t advocating for Cousins, just saying that it wouldn’t likely to be the same cost as Stafford. 

Not for your average NFL team, but I wouldn't put it past Rhule and whoever else gets to make the decision to overpay. Vikings fans think we should swap 1sts and send them Darnold, maybe a 2023 3rd rounder. Then they figure out something to do with Darnold..

Cousins is a nightmare scenario because he’s good enough to be around .500 and take us out of contention for a top rookie QB.

I’d rather stick with Darnold and tank or even draft Pickett because at least a rookie could morph into something unexpected sometimes. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3