• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers bring back Ian Thomas

ncfan

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Ian should have been cut under Ron's administration.  This guy's like Hurney. 

Meatballs and Marty fuggin Hurney. The taint job that guy did on Tepper's ownership mindset and Rhule's powers as a HC in the NFL is unbelievable. I thought he had been screwing us for years, boy did he have so much more to give lol. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're still talking about a guy's potential after four years in the league, you're talking about a bust.

To elaborate on this, I'm not talking about guys like Burns, Moore, etc. who are already good players you're hoping can make the jump to the truly elite. We're talking about a guy most of the fanbase has been ready to just flat out move on from because he peaked with a decently promising rookie season considering his draft position. We've been waiting on next steps ever since.

I heard someone try to defend this by saying he’s a great blocker and will help our pass and run blocking. To that I say is that worth paying him top 16 TE money? No. We just drafted Tremble who supposed to be a great blocker and should have more potential. This also takes away money from other free agents.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd really like for somebody to tell me that we're not actually going to try and use Ian Thomas more in the passing game 😬

What in his 5 years of playing leads them to believe he will ever be more than he's been so far? What makes this guy so special? Nothing, that's what .

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Walter football take:

Panthers re-sign TE Ian Thomas (3 years, $16.5 million; $8 million guaranteed): D Grade 
Matt Rhule styles himself as the Jay-Z of NFL head coaches, but this is a Silkk the Shocker-type move. There's no way Ian Thomas deserved anything close to this sum of money. 

Thomas hasn't logged more than 20 catches in any season since his rookie campaign. He's a good blocker, but blocking tight ends grow on trees. The Panthers could find a much cheaper option who could give them the same production. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2