• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could we really pick something other than QB or o-line at 6?

Verge

If we'd known then how valuable Ryan Kalil would be to our success over his career here, vs. that of Jon Beason's, who was our first round pick, and played up to that level for us, I think we would have all chosen Kalil over Beason. If Linderbaum could be that kind of 10 year starter for us, I think it's worth more than a 50/50 shot at a freak defensive athlete, especially when we have freak defensive athletes, but can't move our offense. 

• Pie 1

Yeah,  I could see us going in another direction,,  maybe a 3rd Long Snapper..  can't have too many ya know..   (  having an extra person who can kick an extra point in a pinch is  extreme )  ..

But Offensive linemen ( more than one ) , and QB would be nice.  But I understand the long snapper angle too 🤣

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

There are personnel guys who subscribe to the philosophy of "If you like a player, just take him! Who gives a sh-t if someone thinks he should have gone fifteen spots later?"

I don't know whether Fitterer or Rhule believe in that notion.

I get that but to optimize draft resources that is not the way to go especially in our draft pick situation.

Evan Neal- OT

Ikem Ekwonu- OT

Charles Cross- OT

Aidan Hutchinson- DE

Tyler Linderbaum- C

Kyle Hamilton- FS/SS/LB

ideally we get one of those 3 awesome tackles, but any of these 6 players I would be totally fine drafting. If we could trade back and take Linderbaum I would love it, even at 6 I would be fine with the pick.

Edited by shaq

20 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

Yeah,  I could see us going in another direction,,  maybe a 3rd Long Snapper..  can't have too many ya know..   (  having an extra person who can kick an extra point in a pinch is  extreme )  ..

But Offensive linemen ( more than one ) , and QB would be nice.  But I understand the long snapper angle too 🤣

Three long snappers complements the twin punter formation quite nicely.  After a stuffed run, batted down pass, holding penalty, and sack it will keep the opposing punt return team on their toes.  Opponents would never know which of the long snappers would line up over the ball and which punter the one over the ball will snap it to.  It could be our most effective offensive play. 

Think of the versatility!

• Beer 1

It’s really simple, there isn’t too high for anyone really as long as you make the right pick and get a STUD.

it’s all about getting it right

was D brown a reach? No. In hindsight tho, I’d go back and trade picking him for any average player in the entire draft 

need is another question tho…no cbs and no WRs

trading down is preferred

Edited by onmyown

The future is NOW. Stop chasing free agent QBs. "Building" should have started by letting Marty move up a couple spots for Justin Herbert. Everybody would have agreed with moving on from Cam at that point even Cam but what they did was like WTF?

Marty was going try and leave the OROY as his parting gift. He was in Oregon at Herbert's pro day when others were locking down. He was over-Rhuled and they went defense instead, D.Brown.

Deepest QB draft in quite some time last season, over-Rhuled! CB!

Now here we are 10-23 later having NOT addressed the QB position, only wanton destruction and sht shows.

Now, rightfully, McAdoo, is here to install his NFL offense after the embarrassing Rhule offense was quickly and handily destroyed by NFL DCs almost to comical levels of pawning, didn't matter what QB or OC in Rhules system. He's lucky he still has a job.

On to the QB/Franchise problem. What would this franchise have been without Jake Delhomme and Cameron Newton? We know the journeyman and Pickles was hyped by Mel Kiper as best ever, again pundits are wrong. Pundits have Pickett and other tweeners and overachievers ahead of an obvious specimen at 6'4" with a bazooka and all the great stats including two consecutive years at 70% completion showing prowess beyond "system" what QBing is really about. Not running for 100 yards and throwing for 200, it's dropping dimes into the hands of running men and lasers into

STRONG 2022

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The future is NOW. Stop chasing free agent QBs. "Building" should have started by letting Marty move up a couple spots for Justin Herbert. Everybody would have agreed with moving on from Cam at that point even Cam but what they did was like WTF?

Marty was going try and leave the OROY as his parting gift. He was in Oregon at Herbert's pro day when others were locking down. He was over-Rhuled and they went defense instead, D.Brown.

Deepest QB draft in quite some time last season, over-Rhuled! CB!

Now here we are 10-23 later having NOT addressed the QB position, only wanton destruction and sht shows.

Now, rightfully, McAdoo, is here to install his NFL offense after the embarrassing Rhule offense was quickly and handily destroyed by NFL DCs almost to comical levels of pawning, didn't matter what QB or OC in Rhules system. He's lucky he still has a job.

On to the QB/Franchise problem. What would this franchise have been without Jake Delhomme and Cameron Newton? We know the journeyman and Pickles was hyped by Mel Kiper as best ever, again pundits are wrong. Pundits have Pickett and other tweeners and overachievers ahead of an obvious specimen at 6'4" with a bazooka and all the great stats including two consecutive years at 70% completion showing prowess beyond "system" what QBing is really about. Not running for 100 yards and throwing for 200, it's dropping dimes into the hands of running men and lasers into

STRONG 2022

Kyle trask is in a qb battle with Blaine Gabbert down in Tampa.  Blaine Gabbert

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If he's the best player on your board and you can't trade down for picks, you take him there. Don't worry though, we're taking Pickett. A rookie QB gets Rhule a mulligan for year 3. 

If the board falls off that hard after pick 5, we aren't going to be able to trade down very well.  Just pick the best guy IMO.

• Beer 1