• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Calvin Ridley suspended for the 2022 season

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Calvin Ridley isn't a victim. He broke the rules and should be punished. It is still fuged up for the NFL to pretend to have any integrity when they look the other way on things much worse. Just suspend the guy and move on without all of the grandstanding. 

It’s the absolute #1 rule told to every player beyond High school, much less the Pros, in any sport that can be bet on. This is completely different than off-field issues. You destroy public confidence in the integrity of the outcomes, in any way, and a sport will crumble. Ridley should never play again, especially since he bet on his own teams outcome. And with much of gambling being legalized, they have to come down hard on any player in any sport. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

It’s the absolute #1 rule told to every player beyond High school, much less the Pros, in any sport that can be bet on. This is completely different than off-field issues. You destroy public confidence in the integrity of the outcomes, in any way, and a sport will crumble. Ridley should never play again, especially since he bet on his own teams outcome. And with much of gambling being legalized, they have to come down hard on any player in any sport. 

LMAO. "Public confidence in the integrity of outcomes." GTFOHWTBS! The only people with any confidence in the integrity of the outcomes of major sporting events are complete morons. 

I love that you think(possibly correctly) that the #1 rule told to every player beyond high school is, "Never do anything to undermine gamblers' confidence in the integrity of our sport."

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

@CPantherKing

Still better than DJ Moore right?

You are still on this?

Ridley being an idiot does not mean he is not a #1 WR. Same as Deshaun Watson still being a franchise QB after being an idiot. DJ Moore doesn't just get better over the past 4 seasons because Ridley placed a bet. DJ will be on another team when he doesn't perform in his contract year. It will take him 5 more seasons before he can pull even with Ridley in TDs, and I don't see Moore being a starter in the NFL for 10 years to even make that happen.

Moore is a good #2 WR. Now, get back to talking about Ridley. Oh, that's right... you weren't.

3 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

You are still on this?

Ridley being an idiot does not mean he is not a #1 WR. Same as Deshaun Watson still being a franchise QB after being an idiot. DJ Moore doesn't just get better over the past 4 seasons because Ridley placed a bet. DJ will be on another team when he doesn't perform in his contract year. It will take him 5 more seasons before he can pull even with Ridley in TDs, and I don't see Moore being a starter in the NFL for 10 years to even make that happen.

Moore is a good #2 WR. Now, get back to talking about Ridley. Oh, that's right... you weren't.

I was kidding around but my goodness you've really leaned into this. Just put on the Falcons gear already geez.

8 minutes ago, RJK said:

Rhule looks exactly like a degenerate gambler. That is all 

rhule even gets shot in a thread that has no part of rhule in.

Riley failed the IQ test, not the gambling one. Side note watching NFL commercials this year made me want to go full pepper- gambling, booze, and sugar filled wing sauces/fast food hell. NON-stop, can not have lasted without DVR. 

Why didnt he hand the money to a friend to gamble??? Done. thats "fine" and "legal" etc. Now hes lost 11 million and future deals cause of a dumb mistake.  

33 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

LMAO. "Public confidence in the integrity of outcomes." GTFOHWTBS! The only people with any confidence in the integrity of the outcomes of major sporting events are complete morons. 

I love that you think(possibly correctly) that the #1 rule told to every player beyond high school is, "Never do anything to undermine gamblers' confidence in the integrity of our sport."

And this is the response of someone who the closest they ever got to a football field is playing skin flute in the band. I heard the speech every year for 5 seasons from Bobby Wallace, Pat Dye, and Terry Bowden. First meeting every summer. Don’t bet on football. Period. There is no path back from it. Every NFL player will tell you the same thing. 

But I’m sure you know better with your Pro and College experience. It’s the difference between people that know, and people who think they know. Want to guess which one you are? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Now Florio's arguing with Breer about it...

It is on the same level as pro wrestling. It's listed as entertainment company. It doesn't even have to follow it's own rules, just show a game. Those outcomes can be manipulated or rigged. Let's not pretend that there haven't been many games influenced by the NFL referees.