• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

I have no idea how credible anything you are saying is, but I will say this does sound very plausible.  I think people, from fans to analysts, are underrating the impact Sean Payton had on the Saints.  Dennis Allen had a 8-28 record with the Raiders.  Yeah things can change but those Raiders were 8-8 when he took over, similar to how the Saints were an average team last year.  So can we really be sure they are actually even any good as it stands currently?

Let's just say both the Saints and Panthers have $hitty head coaches, because they do.. Now it comes down to who has better leadership above the HC.....well we know that answer and it's not the Kitty Kats. 

Edited by ickmule

18 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Not that I really want Watson for the price tag, but if he chooses that $hithole over the Panthers I would say  that is as low as this franchise has ever been and there will be no doubt Tepper is the prize winner of the worst owner in the NFL..... Not that he already is not, but that would pretty much solidify it. 

I don’t believe Tepper is a terrible owner. I just think he’s ambitious and hungry to build something that is successful. When someone has had the kind of success like he has in the business world it is only natural to believe that it would carry over to the NFL. 
In the NFL there are rules to regulate the owners for the amount of money that they have to spend.  Because of this, it is difficult for an owner with the amount of capital that David has to get whatever he wants. All in all this is a new experience for him.
What needs to happen going forward for him is that he needs to learn how to adapt to the new rules and play the same game that everyone else is. He will need to learn to not try to simply outspend every one because he has the most money available.

Edited by Monrowed

1 minute ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Funny enough this is quite an incompetent move from a usually shrewd Saints team.

What's the upside?  You aren't competing for a championship this year, not with the lengthy suspension Watson is going to receive putting you out of playoff positioning before he comes back, especially since Brady has returned.

Then you start losing players the next two or three seasons with no means to replace them

You are a weird dude 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, The Lobo said:

I thought they wouldn’t let him and that’s one of the reasons he wanted out? 

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Why do you lie?

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

Smh. People just make stuff up at this point. That is literally 100% false.

1 hour ago, Smittymoose said:

It was just the opposite, actually. Was not happy they traded Nuk Hopkins, but they talked him off the ledge. Then the next offseason Easterby/Caserio went and hired a HC without consulting him after the McNairs had promised Watson he’d have a say before any more big moves were made. 

Amazing the number of casual NFL fans who are so confidently wrong about so many things. 

Sent 1st rd picks to Miami for LT and WR because he needed more blocking and recievers. Sent Hopkins to AZ because he needed a RB. And then he wants out. 

But he'd love it here.

23 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And also, again, fug MICHAEL THOMAS.  Dude hasn't played in like 2 years.  He and Watson may share an agent, but fug him and the Aint's.

Thomas hasn't played in like 2 years.  Some of their best players on defense are aging out, they are in cap hell, Kamara is in legal trouble, and they just promoted a fuging dud to be their HC with a defensive background.  If he chooses them, it will strictly be due to ownership and a proven, winning organizational model.  That's it.

Meh. That whole situation seems like a powder keg. Thomas is unpredictable and both Kamara and Watson have legal issues that will still be in the public eye and possible suspensions looming. There are multiple ways that marriage could go sideways this is the Saints we are talking about.

2 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Sent Hopkins to AZ because he needed a RB. And then he wants out. 

He was livid over the Hopkins trade, that was the Texans FO making the move because they didn’t want to make him the highest paid WR. You’re clearly just making stuff up if you think he wanted to lose his best WR for an injury prone RB.