• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

@joemac @Shocker

49ers are -4 million in cap, and are admitting that Trey Lance is a bust. If they trade Trey they have to eat 27million in dead cap on the spot. Also, they dont have a first round pick for the next 2 years. 

Trey most likely would not be apart of the deal, bc the Texans wouldnt want to take on a QB that is a pure project unless they could get something for him another deal. Also, the Texans would not get much draft capital they can in other deals. The 49ers would have to give up some serious talent to make this happen. That talent would have to be Fred Warner and Bosa. 

I dont know how they could make it work, but we will see.

Edited by TheCasillas

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

WHAT fuging ASSETS CAN THEY OFFER THAT TRUMP OURS?!?!??!  I FEEL LIKE IM fuging TAKING CRAZY PILLS!  

Ive got to step away from this poo for a minute.  Im losing it.  Time to go play some Elden Ring.

All of this crap is pretty clearly coming from the Saints side. They're leaking to put pressure on Carolina because they know it's unrealistic for them in the end. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

WHAT fuging ASSETS CAN THEY OFFER THAT TRUMP OURS?!?!??!  I FEEL LIKE IM fuging TAKING CRAZY PILLS!  

Ive got to step away from this poo for a minute.  Im losing it.  Time to go play some Elden Ring.

They can’t, the 6th overall pick plus our players will trump their offer. 

6 minutes ago, joemac said:

Jesus Christ.  Thats it.  Im done.  Its starting to get bleak for us now.  I have tried to remain optimistic thru this entire thing, and I really thought we would get him yesterday but things have taken a very shitty turn for the worse today.  Especially if SF is getting involved now.  They could send them Lance would would probably trump anything else anybody has.  However they did trade away a bunch of firsts just last year to get him so who the fug really knows at this point.  So much damn mis/disinformation out there.  Its getting impossible to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

But this is why I'm checking out...  fug Trey Lance and whatever else they have to offer...  not one of the teams that have been named has a better package with more value than what we have offered that can actually complete the deal, in both players and pick position. 

So if that is a fact, which it is, then the fact that we are still here with him inviting more meetings from teams who can't offer ehat we have while still provding him the best offensive supporting cast possible, means he does not want to come here.  He knows these other teams can't make the same kind of offer we did to ensure they're content and the deal gets done, so why else would you be meeting with them?

We completely wasted our time.