• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

Just now, TheRumGone said:

Draft Malik please 

this is the right move for the franchise. I'd say make one move for Derek Carr and use 6 on a LT, but if we cant land Carr for a reasonable price.... then  go sign Cam and draft Malik. It will re-energize the fanbase.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The Rhule thing will most likely turn out to be a mistake. However, it's not often that new owner hits on their first coach hiring.  However, he is an NFL owner so his feet will always be held to the fire.

I think the success rate for an owners first time coaching hire is like 6% retention within the first 5 years, or something. That is to say that it’s quite small.

• Pie 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

this is the right move for the franchise. I'd say make one move for Derek Carr and use 6 on a LT, but if we cant land Carr for a reasonable price.... then  go sign Cam and draft Malik. It will re-energize the fanbase.

Exactly what I mentioned. At this point they need to just entertain the fans. Build hope

A couple of things to put this in perspective if the Watson debacle shakes out with the Panthers losing out on Watson:

- Watson's legal and disciplinary troubles are not over.

- He does have a history of knee injuries that is worrisome.

- The Panthers are not one player away from winning a championship like the Rams were last year.

- We are only into the 2nd year of the new GM's influence on the team

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Why would the Raiders allow you to take their franchise QB for a reasonable price?

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Carr is the only one of the vets left I would be ok going after. He is a baller. Step above cousins imo.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

fug that..

Stop with the bandaides.. Build the team up keep all our assets (while trying to gain more) and draft and develop a rookie on a rookie contract..