• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we talk about Fitterer and the off-season so far

mc52beast

Look I know its the current thing to poo alll over the panthers think tank, but if you look at the whole WR and TE picture.....They were somewhat ahead of the curve. Three questionable TEs got tagged along with others getting more money than Ian Thomas. Most were either on Thomass level or even below. 

WR- signed Higgins, white chocolate, and came to a decent deal for DJ Moore. This was as the market was going north.

OL- nasty-boys.gif.f7415fc18432cab975b476a0cbc506c2.gif

Safety- resign Chandler and gave Woods a decent bag....this is a meh.

Props to GM for the free agency period, thus far. 

Hit on a LT at 6 overall and bring back Donte and I consider this off-season a tremendous success. Try for a mid round QB or wait until next off season. Sam sucks but if we build the rest of the team up and can have some success with Sam or whoever then we can absolutely be a player for a vet next year or take one in a much better QB draft.

• Pie 2

Here is what I think about today:

1. Signed an all pro punter

2. Signed a DT (3, 5 tech) who can pressure the passer

3. Extended a star WR

4.  Signed an elite Center to play beside the elite G we signed earlier in the week

To me, that is the best day for a Panther GM I have seen since the franchise opened.  If you were to equate this free agency to the draft, the Panthers have signed a situational Running back, a starting Safety, a 2-down LB, a starting RG, a starting C, a rotational DT, an established punter, and extended a #1 WR. 

That is very strong. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I'd say Morgan is the difference.

Fitterer has loads of experience in college scouting but has only somewhat dabbled in scouting free agents (Trent Kirchner was the guy in charge of that back in Seattle).

On the flip side, Morgan cut his teeth doing pro scouting. It's where his experience is and it's what he's known for.

I've said it before but it's worth repeating: The two of them could make a fantastic combo.

• Pie 2

I like what I'm seeing but there are many miles to go to attone for last year for everyone involved in the Darnold trade.

I think this scene accurately sums up my feelings on what we have done so far.

Edited by frankw