• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unverified and unsubstantiated....Panthers Closing in on Trade for Love

Biggdaddi1022

3 hours ago, Biggdaddi1022 said:

Panthers are discussing a trade with the Packers for Jordan Love. Panthers are offering a 4th this year and 3rd next year. Packers want a 2nd next year only… what do y’all think? 

Jordan love has quietly requested a trade because he knows he will not get a chance to start to in GB after Rodgers extension. 

I know y’all want sources but at this I can’t say because of how they got the info.

When you said you cant tell where you acquired the news on it gave you away telling everyone information that most likely doesn't exist. All fake news.

I don’t think anybody knows if Love sucks or if he doesn’t suck. He’s been OK in his very small stints plying last season. Not absolutely terrible, not setting the world on fire. I’d be totally cool with him if the price was right. He’s been sitting, learning from the masters for the last couple years. I like him over anybody available this draft except MAYBE Willis. IDK….

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Disgusted Cringe GIF by Willie Jones

I'm talking like a 5th/6th round pick. 

Browns need to move him to facilitate the Watson deal. The 5th year is fully guaranteed, can't cut him just like us with Sam. Has to be dealt to open up cap space. If they don't want him in the AFC us or Seattle would represent the only destinations.

With Baker I feel he would immediately be at worst like the 6th best QB in the NFC and we're a playoff team if the team stays healthy. We'd be able to sign him long term or tag him ala Kirk Cousins if we chose to.

If we arent a playoff team then Rhule is gone, Darnold is gone, Baker is gone and we are out after round pick. It literally is a win win scenario. I'm not talking about serious day 1 or 2 assets or committing big money right now. If the team needs to win right now (and by all accounts they do) there isn't a QB out there thats going to provide as good a chance at that as Baker Mayfield. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah he would. No one is trading significant assets for a player on the last year of his deal unless they can agree to terms on an extension. If Lamar isn't willing to negotiate an extension, trade dead.

I've never been that impressed with Lamar.  He hasn't help the Ravens with a damn thing. Granted he's better that what we currently have but not by much.

30 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've never been that impressed with Lamar.  He hasn't help the Ravens with a damn thing. Granted he's better that what we currently have but not by much.

If you don't want Lamar, okay fine. But he's MILES better than what we currently have. You're talking about a former MVP still in his prime vs. the worst NFL starting QB in recent years.

• Pie 2

Lamar is the real deal. Who is his best weapon Hollywood Brown? His TE is good too, but I’ve seen him rally that team to some crazy comebacks. However IF they decide to trade him he is going to want a new contract like Watson’s which is not worth it. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Lamar is the real deal. Who is his best weapon Hollywood Brown? His TE is good too, but I’ve seen him rally that team to some crazy comebacks. However IF they decide to trade him he is going to want a new contract like Watson’s which is not worth it. 

Mark Andrews is PHENOMENAL.

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you don't want Lamar, okay fine. But he's MILES better than what we currently have. You're talking about a former MVP still in his prime vs. the worst NFL starting QB in recent years.

The fact that the Ravens haven't locked down this former MVP to a long contract tells me they're unsure about him too.

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Lamar has had a great coach and mu h better teams than the Panthers have fielded in a decade.  Why would they trade him of he's still a franchise qb? 

If he can't get the Ravens to the AFC championship game regularly why on earth do you think he can drag this rag tag bunch to the playoffs? 

It's the same thinking that had everyone sure that getting Watson was going to somehow fix everything. 

Edited by Jon Snow