• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett Pro Day today

BurnNChinn

2 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

And for what it's worth, I don't think comparing Pickett to Dalton is a total insult. Dalton was a top 20-ish QB for several years. But he's always going to leave you wanting more. He's an asset on a rookie contract, but he's a guy you look at and don't want to pay the going rate at QB, which is minimally $30M+ per year now. 

I don't see a middling QB on a rookie QB as an asset - they're still a middling QB and draft capital has been wasted. Plenty of current QBs are middling, so get one of them and put the draft capital to better use.

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Andy Dalton had a RAS of 4.38, Pickett has a RAS of 9.24

It does not matter what you "think".

Will his athleticism translate into making him a good NFL QB? Who knows, but dont make statements like that which are not true. At least give the kid his due. 

Oh, more stat nerd bullshit? lol

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

He had 38 pass attempts per game. They threw the ball more than nearly every NFL offense this year. It's a pro-style offense, but they were very pass heavy this year. It's undeniable. 

Anthony Gordon only trailed Burrow by about 100 yards in 2019. Why isn't he a great NFL QB? 

You call me lazy, but your argument is "the guys who lead college football statistically in 2020 and 2019 are good NFL QBs, therefore Pickett is going to be a good NFL QB." I mean, geez, give me a break. 

I don't think he's "more athletic" than Dalton. But tell me, how does his athletic advantage over Dalton translate to the NFL? What does that mean, exactly? Dalton was an above average runner as a QB. Not a weapon, but mobile enough to make a defense pay for 8-10 yards if they totally ignored him on obvious passing downs.

Do you think Pickett is a weapon as a runner? I sure don't. I think he's exactly what Dalton was: he's fast enough and mobile enough to make a defense that plays him lazily pay for it, but he's not going to add true positive value on called run plays. 

Its funny when people compared Pickett to Dalton or Mac Jones athletically. I get it if you have questions as an NFL thrower, or whatever, but as an "athlete", they aren't even in the same category, the whole take is lazy.

image.png.532a89e5d18f1245e366eb60cb6a8fa3.png

image.thumb.png.b8e43da15b47a52e65dd39ab2b7457b0.png

image.thumb.png.ab60452d9192b4c75614a221c691d6fa.png

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, t96 said:

Pickett is basically Mac Jones 2.0. A little less polished but a bit more upside with a slightly stronger arm and significantly more mobility. Basically, not a guy who is an ideal franchise QB and if you go with him he's probably good enough that you are winning games and with a good all around team getting in the playoffs, but I don't see him leading a team to a Super Bowl victory. 

Not for mine - unless the main comparison is that they're both white?

Mac Jones is a cerebral QB who is methodical af with his reads. He obliterates you if given the supporting cast.

Pickett has a better arm (marginally) and is more mobile, but he's not in the same stratosphere mentally. He was also incredibly mediocre before his RS Senior year. 

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He still struggles with ball security though. 38 fumbles in 52 games is horrendous and that’s with a smaller football.

Do his hands play a factor in that, who knows… but you would think the more surface area that you can cover on the ball and the more grip you have on the ball would help with security.

Ridder played fewer games and had 36 fumbles.  His hand size is 10".  Burrow has 9" hands and fumbled once in over 500 snaps.

Source:  https://sportsnaut.com/pitt-qb-kenny-picketts-small-hands-could-make-waves-with-scouts/

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

So his height and weight makes him a better athlete. Got it. You tards don't even know what you're citing. Just casual fans obsessed with some nerd boiling something down to a number. 

wut

did you even look? 40, vert, broad

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I don't see a middling QB on a rookie QB as an asset - they're still a middling QB and draft capital has been wasted. Plenty of current QBs are middling, so get one of them and put the draft capital to better use.

It is absolutely an asset to have a competent game manager at QB taking up 3% of your cap space instead of 15%. 

2 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

So his height and weight makes him a better athlete. Got it. You tards don't even know what you're citing. Just casual fans obsessed with some nerd boiling something down to a number. 

Like a K and P, I could care less about a QB's vertical and broad jump.  His 40 time, sure, that's relevant. I get that's part of him being graded as an athlete overall, but jumping ability has little to do with QB success.

31 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If you are a Pickett fan, then that is good news because they are the only team picking ahead of the Panthers that might go QB--I do not see Jax, Det, Houston, NYJ or NYG taking a QB at their spots.  Seattle could make a move and trade up--but trading up for one of these QBs is very expensive and risky.

Jax and NYJ are the only ones I'd rule out taking a QB for sure. Houston and NYG could be blowing smoke about liking their QBs. Detroit always knew Goff was a bridge.

How has the conversation gone from "none of these guys are first round picks" to "our guy might be gone before pick #6"?

• Pie 1