• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers want ____ for Jimmy G

ncfan

Well, keep looking John.

I just don't get the idea behind acquiring him...  its still a retread.  And he's solid...  I feel like with the right cast, and a good offense, he has Top 15 ability, but I worry about his execution in clutch moments, so my value on him would be like a 3rd or 4th, max.  He also struggles to stay healthy, which should also ding his trade value.   Niners are trippin.

As good as we have done in FA, If we don't come away without even a viable option for 2023, we failed the FA game.  Why?  We are NOT extending Darnold as the starter, not even if he actually plays decent this year.  As of right now, we have ZERO QBs for 2023.

Easy...draft a QB this year, right? WRONG.  There is a single play there...new QB comes in and is ready to go.  That works out how often?   Two of three scenarios says pigeon-holing with a QB this draft is setting us up for failure.  The kid isn't good or needs time to develop.  Again, data shows rookie QBs with success out of the gate is very limited.  Maybe Pickett can manage games for us by 2023, but many of these guys will take several years to develop.

Again, we need a veteran QB.

He isn’t going anywhere for that price. Part of the trade value of a player is the contract. A star player on a rookie contract is worth the most. Darnold had more value because of his contract. Jimmy G is coming off shoulder surgery and has a huge bloated contract. He’s worth like a 3rd round pick at the most. Someone might overpay but he shouldn’t be going anywhere for that price.