• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule says giving CMC fewer reps at RB diminishes his value

Zod

I mean I kind of get what Rhule is saying here. CMC just being on the field gives the defense so much more to worry about, whether that's as a runner or as a receiver.

They can have him on the field a lot without running him into the ground. Even as a decoy on any given play he still is extremely valuable.

Whether they go that route remains to be seen.

He won’t make it a full season if they run him like they have been.

I like the foreman signing. He was a good spell back for king Henry last year and is competent running and catching out of the backfield. If they aren’t gonna use cmc in the slot more than I hope they split reps between the 2 backs more. I think chuba is just a jag. Maybe chuba takes a jump this upcoming season idk. But right now foreman has better playmaking ability imo.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jackson113 said:

Turn Cam into a running back

Turn CMC into a slot receiver 

Hurney done this to y’all. Go get a RB. A QB . A slot receiver. Fug  these wanna be players.

Cmc IS a slot receiver

Eddleman was a QB btw

you truly believe that if belicheck Peyton or mcvay had cmc he’d be getting 30 Carrie’s at RB? Lol

it’s just lazy and inept 

• Beer 1

46 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

If he was another race y’all wouldn’t have this conversation… since he’s a decent looking white dude… 

Gurley never was talked about the same way. He was a bum RB… what’s the difference…???

Judging someone based on the color of their skin is racism

No matter how stupid you are.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

It's true.

He's the only player we have that's a threat to score on any play he touches the ball.

Less touches equals less implied points.

Thus out expected value goes down 

Less touches equals less net theoretical points only if he's on the field and producing for all of those touches.  If he gets hurt again, which is a greater danger with him having the kind of workload he has the last few times he's been available to play, and someone else entirely has to have those touches that whole theory falls on its face though.

Less, in this case, probably does equal more all told.  To me it doesn't matter if that "less" comes in the form of another back taking more touches, CMC spending more time as a receiver and less as a ball carrier, or some combination of the two.  

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Fatigue management is coaching 101 across all of sports and Rhule acts like it’s not a thing

Rhule is of course the guy who touted his sports science program as if it was something revolutionary, which we've heard nothing about since they figured out that every NFL team already did those things to the extent they're actually useful...

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 3

17 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

To be fair, he could've played at least 2-3 more games last year and the year before. Rhule held him out both times, so fans could blame the player and not the coach.

Yes if we were truly in a playoff run Superbowl run he would have played.