• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF?

poundaway

I think Haynes has shown, in limited action, that hes ready for a bigger role.  If he can step in and fill some of the production gap left by Reddick, that would go a long way for this D.  Also, if Luvu can step in to a starting role and keep up his really good play from last year we might be in business.

• Pie 2

The stat on Darnold is funny because they literally used quick 3 step drips for almost all of his throws so that he could get the ball out quick, and most of the time it was an extremely safe, short pass, or a dump off. All defenses knew we would do that and allowed us to dunk and dunk all game, knowing we couldn’t sustain drives or get close to scoring range. 

• Pie 1

I remember when PFF always thought Luke sucked early in his career which was completely ridiculous, then a switch randomly flipped like 3-4 years in and then he was all of sudden the best LB every year according to them. They're completely random and I put pretty much no stock into their grades. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

But what does the eye test say?

The O fell apart when CMC went down and we replaced him with butterfingers Chubba.  We traded away a good TE in Arnold, and Robbie got the dropsies.  Add to that Elflein went down in game 2 and we started OL rotation madness.  Our starting OL were bad, the backups were horrific.

I'm glad Pat Meyer and Joe Brady our gone... WTF were they thinking.  I don't think Tremble or Thomas are as good a catch as Arnold.  

If CMC goes down again for a third straight year, it is going to be a looong season.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

I remember when PFF always thought Luke sucked early in his career which was completely ridiculous, then a switch randomly flipped like 3-4 years in and then he was all of sudden the best LB every year according to them. They're completely random and I put pretty much no stock into their grades. 

No they didn’t 

His grades were good even in his early years.

PFF's stats are informative, I have not doubt about that. The problem is they are only telling partial truths, yes Darnold might have been the 2nd best "passer" last season on 3 step drop backs. But what happened after those throws, what did they amount too, what other QBs were included in this stat and what does "passer grade" mean to them. 

If you are clever enough, you can make numbers look however you would like them too