• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Robbie gone? (Tweets and profile pic change.)

TheWiz

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Darnold had already been here for months when Anderson signed his extension.

Yeah, outside the blow up this past year at Sam on the sidelines, I think Sideshow Rob made a business decision with that contract.

I don't blame him for taking that deal, bad situation or not. He can make his family secure and comfortable for the rest of their lives and still have plenty of career to play in better spots.

The interesting thing will be to see if Rob sticks around(or we keep him) if we continue to flounder at QB.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Anderson himself said his prime frustration was with the playcalling.

I know there's a narrative that Anderson hates Darnold, but I've never seen any actual evidence of that outside of fan speculation.

well, I doubt he hates Sam Darnold.  Sam is a likeable human. 

But I doubt he likes playing football with him as a QB.  That's just basic common sense.  Sam has been the worst starting QB in the NFL over the last 4 seasons.  What WR would want to play with that and like it? 

• Beer 3

45 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I have a bigger problem with the Panthers here. We knew Robbie wasn't exactly thrilled to be here last season and extended him anyways. 

You already brought in a guy to replace him in the draft, so why extend him? Especially with the other holes on the team and given his general qwerkiness and how he fits in this locker room.

Nobody forced Robby to sign that extension.  If he hated it here so bad he coulda told them to fug off and hit the free agent market. 

10 minutes ago, joemac said:

Nobody forced Robby to sign that extension.  If he hated it here so bad he coulda told them to fug off and hit the free agent market. 

Let us know the next time you turn down tens of millions of dollars. Robby figured what most of us Panthers fans who tried to rationalize the Darnold trade did. How bad could it be? Well... this mfer got outplayed by Daniel Jones. Buyers remorse set in quick we all paid the price because of Rhule and Fitterer.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

He was definitely frustrated with Sam on the sidelines. I watched him pace back and forth yelling at him during one game. Plus why not take the money (overpaid money) then try to force a trade if we keep Sam this year. 

I was frustrated with his 7 drops (that number seems v generous). 

Lol Robby took the money here that no one else would give him in the NFL, that is just business. He can still be unhappy with crappy play, well paid or not and his or not.  

Meh, whatever. So far these people are still planning on leaning on CMC in the run game again and still haven't addressed the 19 million dollar elephant turd in the room. Anderson is just an after thought compared to those 2 issues for this team at this point. Stay, go whatever. He just isn't important in Pantherland at this point either way.