• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#1 Most Accurate Mock Drafter says our QB interest is a smokescreen, we will go Evan Neal or Ikcy

thunderraiden

5 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

https://underdognetwork.com/football/2022-nfl-mock-draft-josh-norris-v1

i'm assuming Icky is 1A to Evan Neals 1B. But he was one of the few that had us going Horn last year and he also had the most correct picks. His reasoning is pretty sound, just a year ago we passed on QBs just to go QB no matter what a year later? It wouldn't make any sense at all, we've already established we care too much about value to pull the trigger on an Andy Dolton rehash if we had our top of the board player available to us.

I'd be gutted with that.

4 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

I hate it but its looking almost certain Jimmy G is going to be the day 1 starter.

Jimmy G with a legit OL, CMC, DJ etc wouldn’t be the end of the world. We’d basically be the Niners and they had a pretty decent season last year. 

The south sucks this year. Do not underestimate how much Tepper wants to take advantage of a weak year in this division. Draft the tackle. Bring in JG when he gets released…not a bad off-season.

• Pie 4

Using some common sense I would lead toward the Panthers drafting a LT, or some other non-QB position. If the Panthers didn't like Fields, then I don't think they'll like these QBs at 6 either. That points to LT or possibly a physical freak DE, S, or trade down.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

The wildcards/variables in this equation: 

Tepper: The World knows he's looking for a QB.  The Pittsburg ties line up perfectly. 

Rhule's desperation: Self explanatory.  Pickett is the top name on his draft board. The former recruitment doesn't hurt KP's chances either. 

Mcadoo: If we dont make a move for a vet, I'm not sure he's sold on Darnold or PJ. Go back to the Pro Day footage and look at his eyes lol (specifically for Willis iirc). 

The Saints: Wouldn't be shocked if they jumped us for OT. Option A and B of the original post could be off the board by our pick. And hypothetically speaking in that scenario that would leave us at Cross, Pickett, Willis, Penning, Dline or trade down. I'd take Cross in that instance but I'm far from a GM. 

Side note: Duane Brown still has our offer on the table. 

And That's why I love the draft. Sucks to only have 1 pick in the first two days though. I could see this FO attempting to offset the lost with a large number of UDFA signings. If we have the roster space.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, thunderraiden said:

I hate it but its looking almost certain Jimmy G is going to be the day 1 starter.

Is he supposed to be ready to play by day 1? I was thinking he'd miss the beginning of the season.

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

If the Panthers didn't like Fields, then I don't think they'll like these QBs at 6 either. 

Except neither of them fit the system. Pickett fits our new system perfectly.