• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is There Anyone Other Than a T or QB for the Panthers at #6

Michael G

I have no idea what these people will do. Reaching for a QB or drafting a CB would be another year of disappointment in the draft but that is small time for me compared to the idea of them using next year's draft capital in this draft. 

No one we took in the first 3 rounds last year started more than 3 games. Luck, coaching decisions or poor free agent signings they felt they had to play...doesn't matter that is just awful on all levels. They need to do better but I'm not sure this crew can scrape a good draft together. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

I mean… if somehow it went - Neal, Icky, Cross, Willis, Aiden for whatever reason, what would you guys wanna do?

Trade back and target  Penning, Pickett or Drake London... maybe.  That's a doomsday  scenario....

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know that I'd consider them a unified front at this point.

Fitterer seems to want to build for the long term. Matt Rhule can't necessarily afford to do that.

I know, I know, I know, Fit is an independent genius saddled with Rhule, yadda yadda.

I'm not impressed by what he's done, either independently or dependently of Rhule. He's just Gettleman who wouldn't be caught dead at a yard sale and lower riding shorts.

Let's see if he can turn four picks into  14 this year and still manage to not grab a 17-game starter.

Edit to add: Let's make it easier, just an 8 game starter.

Edited by Khyber53

16 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

If Hutch, Walker/Willis, and all 3 tackles go in the top 5 = Draft Thibodeaux

If Hutch, Thibodeaux, and all 3 tackles go in the top 5 = Sauce

This is assuming you can’t trade back. Honestly, I don’t think most teams would be willing to offer what’s needed to trade up to 6 with those guys off the board 

I agree that Thibs isn’t a bad choice at 6. If we get screwed in that 2nd scenario I’d prefer Travon Walker. I think he’d have a bigger impact than Sauce year 1/2. 

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I agree that Thibs isn’t a bad choice at 6. If we get screwed in that 2nd scenario I’d prefer Travon Walker. I think he’d have a bigger impact than Sauce year 1/2. 

I can’t really argue with that. There’s just something about lining up Sauce and Horn on the outside with DJax in the middle that makes salivate. 

18 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be stunned with us taking Walker, Thibodeaux, or Garrett Wilson (we really liked Jaylen Waddle last year)

He's going to be a stud.  May not make sense for us, but I think people will look back and he'll be this one superstar out of the draft with not much else.

It's the big 3 OTs, trade back or worst case scenario take the best edge guy.  If all OTs are gone, one of the edge rushers HAS to drop, either Walker or Thibodeaux.  I'd prefer Walker, put him on the strong side and move Burns to the weak side.  YGM is probably going to be a career backup and the rest of the supporting cast is marginal.  I still can't believe we re-sign Haynes. I guess as a reserve he's okay, but if pressed into starting duties due to injury?  That's a definite no.