• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Lombardi warns Carolina Panthers not to draft a QB at #6

TheSpecialJuan

His points are valid. But at some point a team drafting that high has to go after a qb. If they are constantly drafting in the top 10 it's most likely due to not having a good qb. 

I completely agree that this draft doesn't have a clear cut leader at the position and agree there is too much talent ahead of them to take one at 6. Trading down is a pipe dream unless you forgo taking a LT or edge rusher in hopes of getting a qb further down in the draft.  

My hope is they take bpa between LT or edge rusher. Then if they want one of these qbs they figure out how to trade up for one without giving away next year's picks. Good luck with that.

• Beer 2

9 hours ago, philw5289 said:

His son is on our coaching staff so this is actually interesting coming from him 

I don't think the father of our "assistant QBs coach" has any impact at all on what our team is going to do.

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

His points are valid. But at some point a team drafting that high has to go after a qb. If they are constantly drafting in the top 10 it's most likely due to not having a good qb. 

I completely agree that this draft doesn't have a clear cut leader at the position and agree there is too much talent ahead of them to take one at 6. Trading down is a pipe dream unless you forgo taking a LT or edge rusher in hopes of getting a qb further down in the draft.  

My hope is they take bpa between LT or edge rusher. Then if they want one of these qbs they figure out how to trade up for one without giving away next year's picks. Good luck with that.

The fact that we passed on the available QBs in last year's draft, tells me they shouldn't be drafting any of these QBs at 6.  So that leaves LT and edge. 

Of course this is based on logic. 

Logic may not come into play with our pick, although I pray it does. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He makes great points.  Hate him all you want but he backs up his argument 

Paraphrasing here to encapsulate his point, 'in 25 years only 8 first round QBs played through their 12th season, 78% of them were projected as ELITE QB prospects.'   Sure, injury played into some of that, but thinking drafting a first round QB that sets the organization up for the decade is almost a pipe dream.

• Pie 2