• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I've never been less excited about a draft in Panthers history.

hepcat

I think its pretty exciting this year. There is no consensus on the best guys and the best fits( on the internet at least ). There is a lot that could happen that changes how the Panthers pick. QB, LT, DL all seem to be on the table. They will have some choices to make on the fly on some true corner stone positions. I also don't really care to wallow in all the coaching staff negativity. For better or worse that's who we are running with, I'm going to be hopeful. Either that or I won't watch or care...but I do care, so I will watch.  Plus we have Fitt, you never know about a trade. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, thennek said:

Past history Panthers have said they want to build via the draft. Think of this year as different…this year they build the team via free agency instead the draft. 

It's like watching a toddler try to build with Legos. They grasp the idea of the concept but the attempt at execution is straight comedy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Hard to be excited when you're worried the staff will screw it up and you don't have many darts to throw at the board due to idiotic trades made last year. 

Only way to get excited is if we had a full set of picks, or if Rhule didn't have his chubby little fingerprints all over everything the last couple of years while Tepper breathes heavily behind him. 

Agree. Honestly none of the 1st round players even interest me all that much. Sure a LT would be nice but honestly none of these guys are great in the context of all time LT prospects. They are solid but no sure thing in the top 10. The QBs are a mess. Haven't really followed other positions all that closely but this just seems like 2013 all over again to me. Very few elite players came out of the first round of that draft (and none from the top 19 or so) and not a single good starting QB came from it. I think this draft will be similar. Adding in that we have no day 2 picks and it makes for a pretty boring draft for us.

• Beer 1

The best hope for fans, and for the team itself, is that there are veteran NFL coaches on this team now.

they may not be Bill Bellincheks but they understand what it takes to succeed in the  Nfl …and that right there, is a massively updated clown show than the one we endured for 2 years.…meaning we have gone from clowns that march  in the local parades, to Bozo

it may still be a clown show, but it should be an improved clown show

that”s all I got…hope 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agree. Zero day two picks a big part of it but the bigger picture for me is the reality that I've simply never been less interested in the Panthers as a whole as I am currently.

i am with you and that’s crazy to me.

I have been all in on this franchise since 1994, before they ever played a snap. I was all in living in NJ and couldn’t have been more passionate about this team.

I attended 3 games a year while living out of state. Went to college in North Carolina and had season tickets. Would make annual trips to Charlotte with my fiancé/wife in the summer. Would spend hundreds of dollars on panthers gear/memorabilia a year (couldn’t tell you the last time I spent a dollar on panthers anything). My entire basement is a shrine to the panthers. The middle names of my children are Charlotte and Cameron. The name of my dog is Julius. 

my fandom has never wavered no matter how bleak things looked in the past, but the duo of Rhule and Tepper changed everything. They did something I never thought was possible and actually have me indifferent about this franchise. next year will be the first year ever I don’t have the Sunday ticket since it came out. I cancelled directv after last season ended. 

people can call me fair weather or whatever, but it’s simply not true. I care too much about this franchise to just accept mediocrity. Who am I kidding? Mediocrity would be a gigantic upgrade to what we are witnessing now. The state of this franchise has never been worse and that includes 2001 and 2010. I have zero faith in the idiots in charge and fear things are only going to get worse before they get better. 

that is my long winded way of saying I’ve also never been less excited for the draft.

I understand your feelings. I really don’t feel any excitement at this moment. I’ve been through some terrible seasons but this just feels different for some reasons. Maybe I’m losing interest and realizing there are more important things to worry about that I can actually control. I am still a fan and I moved out to the Midwest from nc this year but I am still rocking is panthers gear.  Keep pounding 

It's the most boring draft class since the Eric Fisher draft and we don't have many draft picks early. But we have the chance to draft a long term LT or a QB of the future this draft which is pretty exciting to be honest. The uncertainty of the 5 picks ahead of us will make it interesting on draft night, but I will likely switch the channel after pick 15 or so, I've never known less about a draft class in my life.