• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - The Carolina Panthers select Ikem Ekwonu

Zod

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No he's advocating for Sam to get the start next season.  He prefers Jimmy G but it's a no go with the B word.

Heads will explode tomorrow when it's seen by folks in here.

You will be busy with the ban hammer. 

Smitty has never cared for Mayfield. I think Browns receivers have told him stories.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Won't be much of a fight, I'll tell ya.

Fitz will be QB by Week 2.  

But let's focus on the good things like WE FINALLY DRAFTED A GODDAMN OFFENSIVE TACKLE IN THE FIRST ROUND!!  HOLY SH*T.

And on IR by Week 10.

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, Iced Up said:

They made the quarterbacks we have a lot better by fixing this OL.

I always felt it was much better to have your team strong when you get a good young QB and that is some of why these teams that take them later in the 1st seem to have success with them. As the better teams are normally drafting late. 

Happy North Carolina GIF by Carolina Panthers

^^^^ THIS delusional clown struggled to complete passes WITH. A. CLEAN. POCKET!!!

If he starts completing passes with a clean pocket, I will eat my hat or some stupid sh*t.

More likely scenario is he fails and we draft a QB next year.

Edited by glenwo2

12 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I feel like he has bust potential or possibly will fail at being a tackle and have to move to guard. His strength is the run game, no something you wanna see in a LT. 

yeah people don’t wanna talk about this but cross was the pass pro technician and this is a passing league so if we had to go LT then I would’ve preferred the better pass pro prospect for the next decade. Icky is super talented and it doesn’t mean he can’t get better at pass pro but the panthers continue to build this team like it’s still the 80s.

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

yeah people don’t wanna talk about this but cross was the pass pro technician and this is a passing league so if we had to go LT then I would’ve preferred the better pass pro prospect for the next decade. Icky is super talented and it doesn’t mean he can’t get better at pass pro but the panthers continue to build this team like it’s still the 80s.

Ickey is fine. 

you take the physical monster who’s improved every year. 

• Pie 1

Glad we got an OT. I am remaining optimistic that he will do great for us especially with the guidance of the new O-line coach we have. He appears young, big, strong, and has a tough nasty attitude so he definitely has all the tools to be successful. If his work ethic is there along with his mind focused on football and not wild partying and all that stuff he will get better year after year and be a solid player for the future. I have zero issues with this pick and would have gotten behind any pick in support of the young player coming in to learn. Glad it was him to get behind and root for. Great run blocker but with focus and work ethic he can become a great pass blocker too. We have the right O-line coach to help make that happen also.