• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What was the most pumped you've ever been for a Panthers 1st rounder right after it happened?

For me, unfortunately it was Jimmy Pickles. I live in NW Indiana, about 35 minutes from Notre Dame and I remember sitting in my friends living room at the time asking him what the chances were Clausen fell to the Panthers (because we didn't have a 1st round pick) he said the chances were virtually nonexistent because he was pegged as a top 10 pick.

Wouldn't ya know it he fell to us and the rest is history.

Careful for what you wish for folks. I learned a very valuable lesson that day that I still carry with me to this day.

I was also excited for Cam because I figured there was no way we'd take a QB #1 overall after just taking one with our highest pick the year prior. But Jimmy was really THAT bad and again, the rest is history.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It's really close between Cam and Pep, but probably a slight edge to Cam because he plays the most prominent position in the sport.  And both lived up the the hype.

I was thrilled with Pep when he was picked. Wasn't sure he would live up to the hype. Never more glad to be so wrong. Forgive me Mr. Peppers.

5 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

For me, unfortunately it was Jimmy Pickles. I live in NW Indiana, about 35 minutes from Notre Dame and I remember sitting in my friends living room at the time asking him what the chances were Clausen fell to the Panthers (because we didn't have a 1st round pick) he said the chances were virtually nonexistent because he was pegged as a top 10 pick.

Wouldn't ya know it he fell to us and the rest is history.

Careful for what you wish for folks. I learned a very valuable lesson that day that I still carry with me to this day.

I was also excited for Cam because I figured there was no way we'd take a QB #1 overall after just taking one with our highest pick the year prior. But Jimmy was really THAT bad and again, the rest is history.

It's all good. I've loved some bad picks and hated some good ones. Really wanted some guys we passed on who went onto become good players and loathed passing on some guys who were busts. The draft is a crap shoot and everyone needs to keep that in mind.

• Pie 1