• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterers facial expression after saying Corral is "..the future of this team.."

Centerfield

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I will be curious to see if Rhule gives Corral a fair shake. I suspect he was the guy wanting to push for Baker Mayfield, so I think maybe Rhule not getting his way could create a little bit of a strain.

Either way it's something entertaining to watch. We all know what it looks like when Rhule backs you or doesn't at QB now after this year. Sam isn't gone either yet...

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

I think it was more, “ah, I just admitted Sam Darnold is ass and isn’t our future”… was less about Corral IMO

This, I took it more or less a oops, shouldn’t have said that. He said Corral was the future, which he believes but for team chemistry reasons shouldn’t have admitted.

Who cares, everyone and their momma knows he was traded up for to be the "future." And if he doesn't pan out there will be a new "future" soon. With all due respect, Sam and his agent know it's over. Our interest in other options has not been a secret. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

Corral is our long term backup QB. We will draft a much better QB in 2023 for sure.

I like the kid, but it was the same thought from me too. I had most of the quarterbacks this year falling into the Minshew level of player as a borderline starter/backup. Maybe he hits the weights, becomes a regular at the buffet line and turns into something more late in the year.