• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Scott.... QB competition between Matt and Sam

Lurk21

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Corral would get better as the season progresses (in theory). Darnold seemed to get worse last year. Maybe we were just playing tougher teams, but we know what he is and he isn’t a starting QB in this league. 

He has conclusively proved he isn't a starting caliber NFL QB. It remains to be seen if he is an NFL caliber QB.

Either way, as a fan I don't want to see him trotted out there to fail again. It's not fun for us and it's not fun for him, I'm sure.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

Florio is an ahole…just my opinion 

Can’t stand him. I saw him post on twitter a pic of Mac and cheese he made and it was burnt to a crisp. He then got roasted (no pun intended) in the comments and acted like a loser about it. Haven’t respected him since.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

Dude is that and some!!!

He's a crappy combination of hard nosed reporter who turns into sensitive diva whenever his takes get pointed out to be off base.

If you post comments on PFT, the ones that point out his mistakes never get approved.  It's just stuff that pats him on the back, is outrageous, or off point.

He's the guy you grew up with who gives everybody a hard time but gets a huge case of butthurt if the tables are turned.

Hasn't always been that way - used to be pretty funny, irreverent, and self deprecating.  But after his NBC gig, he seems to have fallen deeply in love with himself.

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

psssst

he's lying

If this was a Rhule  interview, I would believe that. Scott has been pretty transparent  in his thought process.  I haven't  seen him walk much back like Rhule has. 

I doubt we will see Corral until later in the year. If they match a 3rd round QB out there at the beginning of the season it’s going to be Pickles all over again. There’s no Urban Meyer to cloud the dysfunction this season from the entire NFL. All 31 teams will mock them about as bad as their own fanbase does. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

I think the biggest component helping Matt is Ben bringing in a new scheme. This dude cosigned off on Matt and more than likely Taylor the offense to his strengths. Ben knows that if he nails it with Matt, his odds of eventually getting another gig goes way up. Is easier to get more credibility  watching a rookie progress over 2 years, than a 4 year QB reclamation  project. 

Not only that, but the offense in general. Imagine if our offense went from bottom of the league to top half. I doubt that happens...disclaimer. Teams will be beating down his door. If Corral is successful, we got Ben for 2 years max. That's all pipe dream stuff though. Same as it was with Brady, tbh.

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I doubt we will see Corral until later in the year. If they match a 3rd round QB out there at the beginning of the season it’s going to be Pickles all over again. There’s no Urban Meyer to cloud the dysfunction this season from the entire NFL. All 31 teams will mock them about as bad as their own fanbase does. 

The other option is to march out Sam again. I get not wanting to rush Corral, but it won’t take much for him to be our best option.

• Beer 1

On Sam Darnold's play last year:

Well, the first three games that they played really well even into the Dallas....I think injuries losing McCaffrey did play a factor in it. But really it was the inconsistency of the offensive line. There's too much leakage up there....You know, when Sam, when he has time, he delivers the ball, it looked good, but when he didn't have time even when Cam Newton was here. And he didn't have time. It's hard to play that position and it's not solely on the quarterback. It's on us.

David Tepper seemed to be very involved with the team and look, it's the prerogative of the owner. How involved is he in day-to-day big picture?

He's there as sounding board for us, you know, he'll help us, guide the process.  He will ask the tough questions. He asked us if we would if we look at it from this standpoint and he never really comes in and says, hey we're doing this. He's never done that since I've been here, but he does help guide tough conversation.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1