• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Henderson

ncfan

23 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If CJ plays up to his potential, and Horn stays healthy, and then you have Jackson as well---and throw in Hartsfield (DB) and Taylor--I am not sure anybody else has more potential at CB.

It's almost impossible to believe considering how thin we've been at CB for most of the past 10+ years, but this group may have the most long term potential (considering they are all young) in many, many years

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

It's almost impossible to believe considering how thin we've been at CB for most of the past 10+ years, but this group may have the most long term potential (considering they are all young) in many, many years

You can’t help but feel immensely confident in our CB group.   The talent there is young and sky’s the limit 

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

Taylor and Hartsfield are solid players too. Rhule/Fitterer have done a remarkable job building up the CB group. This is the kind of CB talent and depth we need to face a modern NFL offense

Side note: If you need to see the potential of Hartsfield... go back and rewatch the first game of last season. Iirc it's the first...could have been the 2nd or 3rd..I just remember him jumping out a few times and me saying "who the hell is this guy?". 

Not sure what happened near seasons end(maybe injuries) but the talent is there. 

Smdh..we have came a looooong way from Sanchez and Worley. 

Talent wise we might be in one of the best positions we've been at in years at db (minus last year w/ Gilmore).... Athletically... without a doubt top 3 (you could argue 1 if you include traits from our non starters). The problem with my evaluation is the point that its based purely on each db maximizing his potential. 

For example...CJ Henderson. He still has the ability he had coming out of Florida, he just hasn't found a way to bring it to the table at the next level. He has the speed and length, the agility, the instincts, the ball skills, etc.. Imho, once the game finally slows down for 'em and he locks in with the playbook comfortably he literally has Bradberry esque potential. Add in Wilks and it's highly likely this will be his best season.

If even half of Horn's aggressiveness can rub off on him... we will have two potential monsters in press man.

Going back to college my only knock on him was his run defense/support.  And his physicality "at times". Needed just a few tweaks to his technique.  I'll reserve some of my optimism for now until the season gets underway. 

I do know Rhule and this FO have definitely keyed in on elite athleticism. If it looks familiar it's because it's exactly what he did at Temple and Baylor imo. And here we are in the "third year" of the Rhule effect. Hopefully that 3rd year trend continues. I really need to see an above .500 season. It's been a few.  

I think long time Panthers fans will remember being happy with the Gamble and Lucas combo. Could CJ and Horn be our next great combo? Well Horn needs to stay healthy, and CJ needs to play with confidence in what he's supposed to be doing on any given play. We basically have two CBs who can cover any WR in the NFL well. That is an amazing situation IF Horn can stay on the field and CJ knows what he's doing.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, stbugs said:

Let’s not even discuss 5th year options yet. I get PTSD even talking about them this early.

Dude just finished year 2 and aside from DJ, our WRs are below/well below average in the NFL. Hopefully, they improve off of 2021 but even that highlight above looked more like a bad throw or bad route. RA has him easily beat off the line but the ball and route go back to CJ. If that throw/route goes toward the sideline where RA had a good step on him, it’s an easy first down or more.

Our WRs are not below average. What the heck are you smoking? 

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

These are our WRs:

DJ - Solid

Anderson - Was legitimately the worst starting WR last year

TMJ - 17 career catches

Zylstra - 30 career catches in 4 years

Smith - 6 career catches

Saunders - 2 career catches

Higgins - in 6 years has a career high of 39 catches

In what world is that above average? PFF ranked the WRs for 2022 and we were 23rd and that was DJ and potential. If you rank us on 2021 results, it’s DJ and nothing.

Feel free to list out the 16 teams where our WRs are better and not based on TMJ could be a stud, based on actual NFL play.

As much as it pains me to say it, you ain't wrong. I'd say DJ is a legit star and that as bad as Anderson was last season, there had to be someone worse (I did not pull stats), but that's semantics. Last year was his worse season ever yardage wise, so I hope it was a fluke. He's been a decent #2 the rest of his career. If he returns to 2020 form and TMJ brings some of that camp magic to actual games... we're sitting pretty.

18 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

His entire demeanor is different this season.

Good to see. Hope he has found some peace with his mental health.

When the world around you calms down, it’s much easier to find that inner peace.  He’s in a good spot.  Hopefully he flourishes.

25 minutes ago, stbugs said:

These are our WRs:

DJ - Solid

Anderson - Was legitimately the worst starting WR last year

TMJ - 17 career catches

Zylstra - 30 career catches in 4 years

Smith - 6 career catches

Saunders - 2 career catches

Higgins - in 6 years has a career high of 39 catches

In what world is that above average? PFF ranked the WRs for 2022 and we were 23rd and that was DJ and potential. If you rank us on 2021 results, it’s DJ and nothing.

Feel free to list out the 16 teams where our WRs are better and not based on TMJ could be a stud, based on actual NFL play.

The QB is the problem not the WRs. 

Our WRs are a big ? outside of Moore.  Moore can be a legit number 1, Anderson is a good deep threat but probably a 3/4 in a good offense (I know he sucked last year, but our whole offense was a mess and teams knew what plays we were running).  CMC helps boost them quite a bit and can fill in a slot on a lot of plays (honestly he is one of the better slot WRs when he is lined up).  The big question is can TMJ become a 2.  If he can we should have a solid WR core with DJ 1, TMJ 2, Robbie 3, CMC in and out at slot, Higgins as probably the 4 (already has chemistry with Baker) and one of the young guys stepping in for depth (Z, Saunders, Shi Smith).