• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading for a MLB

Catufb85

I am digging this defense on paper so far.  Hearing good things out of camp.  With the uncertainty of Darnold.  What would you offer and who would you execute a trade with to help out both on defense and/or offsense.

My first thought is with the Damien Wilson situation I think we are a MLB away from competing to be another top 5 defense this year.   

With rumors and sources swirling around I am hearing some of these players are on the block or should be on the block.  

My offer:

Darnold and Robbie Anderson (with potentially throwing in a 3rd-5th pick if necessary) 

for

Atlanta Falcons: LB Deion Jones : Deion Jones posted 130 or more tackles for the second time in his career in 2021. The 27-year-old veteran has averaged 109 tackles per season throughout his six years with the franchise.

Chicago Bears: LB Roquan Smith : Smith requested a trade 4 days ago and Darnold could help the Bears with QB depth and also Robbie would be starting WR on that team after losing Allen Robinson.  Smith had 163 total tackles last year and added 3 Sacks and 1 INT.  Second Team All Pro. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, XClown1986 said:

Atlanta won't trade within the division, and even if they would, no to Jones.

I would LOVE Roquan Smith. But I don't know what it would cost to get him.

If the panthers fleeced the bears again like they did with Olsen...

2 hours ago, Catufb85 said:

I am digging this defense on paper so far.  Hearing good things out of camp.  With the uncertainty of Darnold.  What would you offer and who would you execute a trade with to help out both on defense and/or offsense.

My first thought is with the Damien Wilson situation I think we are a MLB away from competing to be another top 5 defense this year.   

With rumors and sources swirling around I am hearing some of these players are on the block or should be on the block.  

My offer:

Darnold and Robbie Anderson (with potentially throwing in a 3rd-5th pick if necessary) 

for

Atlanta Falcons: LB Deion Jones : Deion Jones posted 130 or more tackles for the second time in his career in 2021. The 27-year-old veteran has averaged 109 tackles per season throughout his six years with the franchise.

Chicago Bears: LB Roquan Smith : Smith requested a trade 4 days ago and Darnold could help the Bears with QB depth and also Robbie would be starting WR on that team after losing Allen Robinson.  Smith had 163 total tackles last year and added 3 Sacks and 1 INT.  Second Team All Pro. 

I don't think we are close enough to being competitive in our division, to make trades like this.  

I'd wait for preseason cuts to make a move.  

We had it covered last season this time but we cut him. They probably didn't think he'd be durable enough. He goes to the Pro Bowl, we're still looking for an answer. 

Atleast Whitehead isn't back there still. And Wilson should be an upgrade to Carter Jr. Not a MASSIVE upgrade but a step up nonetheless. And he can play all three spots. 

Even with Wilson, Littleton and Smith, I wouldn't stop looking for alternatives.