• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wonder who pushed for Mayfield...

Jmac

Very smart move. Matt is far from ready and the other two are who they are. Was it Rhule trying to save his job, Fitts trying to get a plan B if the kid didn't work out, or Tepper trying to get some wins and save the fan base and the PSL crowd

What you think?

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Very smart move. Matt is far from ready and the other two are who they are. Was it Rhule trying to save his job, Fitts trying to get a plan B if the kid didn't work out, or Tepper trying to get some wins and save the fan base and the PSL crowd

What you think?

It wasn't Rhule 🤣🤣🤣

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I think Fitt and Rhule both like the idea of bringing in vet QBs because you don't have to train them like rookies. Cuts way down on the time it takes for them to be ready. Let some other team coach them up. Why Baker and who wanted it to happen? I'd say Fitt saw that Baker looked better than Sam, so why not pull the trigger? Instant upgrade, and Rhule hopped on board quickly because he's on the hot seat.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Rhule and Fitterer have both been pretty vocal about taking lots of “swings” at finding a QB. Honestly, it’s probably a better strategy than trotting out a mediocre game manager and hoping a later draft pick hits every year. It’s more proactive at the least.

I prefer being TERRIBLE a year before a good QB class comes out. For example, 2020 and 2022. But we HAD to get Teddy and Baker. Sam could have done that for us and been somewhat worth his contract. $20M to tank this season. Hell, at this rate Matt Corral could have gotten us the #1 pick next year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

IDK but Baker is BY FAR the best QB on this roster. Sam has some skills, but he’s a pussy and is mentally broken. Baker is an alpha and has no fear. I predict a lot of deep bomb TDs, lots of fun, and a fair amount of picks. I’ll take that over knowing we have no chance from the first snap. 

• Pie 5

a very smart move? after 8 snaps or whatever in the first preseason game?

why is the huddle so bi polar and say things like this? then be the first to meltdown with poo hits the fan?

are you people not even the slightest self aware to realize doing this?

reminds me of my psycho ex 

very strange stuff

• Pie 1