• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule loves PJ

Panthers Fan 69

You are missing one important detail in your theory.  You didn't account for time and pressure.  Rhule doesn't have time to waste on PJ as he's under pressure to produce this season. 

PJ doesn't afford him the option to keep him around if he's not even better than Sam. Rhule has to get busy developing his new draft pick for next season because he's on the clock with the qb's. 

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

You guys do realize this is the perfect excuse for Rhule to put Corral on IR and keep PJ around for one more year right?

Don't be surprised when that happens Monday.

I seriously won't be surprised if Corral is put on IR if they can in anyway justify it. but I still think PJ stands a good chance to get cut. 

I don't think we can unload Darnold for anything, so why not just keep 2 QBs. 

The extra spot could be much better used elsewhere, and I think a redshirt season for Corral would be good.

If Baker doesn't revert to 2020 form, then we're not a playoff team and we might as well reset at QB again going into next year with just Corral under contract 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

You guys do realize this is the perfect excuse for Rhule to put Corral on IR and keep PJ around for one more year right?

Don't be surprised when that happens Monday.

I think that was the plan all along. Make Corral look like garbage so he could cut him. Now he can just IR him and keep his favorite camp fodder. 

12 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Can Corral still practice if placed on IR? That may be the way to go, whether they keep PJ or not. 

If they IR him before the 53 cut he's done. So people really wanna roll into next year with the only QB on the roster Corral who gets IR'ed and can do nothing but rehab and lift weights? Starting from complete scratch next year if that's the case, don't even have the cap space to franchise tag Baker, it'll be a bonus heavy extension or nothing

29 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

If they IR him before the 53 cut he's done. So people really wanna roll into next year with the only QB on the roster Corral who gets IR'ed and can do nothing but rehab and lift weights? Starting from complete scratch next year if that's the case, don't even have the cap space to franchise tag Baker, it'll be a bonus heavy extension or nothing

He will essentially be Will Grier in camp for the next regime.  We will need to draft someone unless we commit to Baker.