• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BS: IF There's A Team That COULD Be This Year's Version Of The 2021 Bengals, It's The Carolina Panthers

TheCasillas

22 minutes ago, joemac said:

I love it, and it’s the same things I’ve been saying since we got Baker. He’s not a bad QB. And we’re gonna shock the world. 

I'm in the minority as well thinking Baker is a good QB, (Proven not just what if like Sammy Ghosts) the Browns constant coaching round robbin did him no favors.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

3 hours ago, CRA said:

felt more like wallstreetbets on Reddit to me.  

as the start is basically not looking at roster and potential but finding a team with horrific odds first.  Then rationalizing throwing money at it for some big payoff 

I mean, in the guys defense, that was the gist of the article. I'm sure he looked at all the bottom tier teams on the betting sites, and then picked one that he felt had the most chance to beat the house. He does say he's put money on it.

• Pie 2

Reiterated just what I said about mocromanaging last year and now feeling comfortable with McAdoo. So we will.let his folks do their job. Will we go on a deep run? Hard to predict that unless everything fell just right. But at 500 to 1 odds a 20 dollar bet isn't a lot for a long shot reward.  I personally like the over on 6.5 wins.

• Pie 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Baker turns out to be pretty good and the team gels a bit and we go 9-8. I also wouldn't be surprised if we get off to a promising start then the wheels come off around week 5 for whatever reason and finish with 5-6 wins. Panthers are weird the way they completely fold when they hit a snag. As in, it really looks like they quit trying to play football. This isn't even new, they've always done that.

Edited by antame
  • Pie 2

it’s always entertaining to me all the posters who get all pumped up because the long off-season is over only to start idiotic threads when poo hits the fan early Oct and then completely disappear at end of Oct when ‘their team isn’t winning’ only to come back, maybe, next august to start the cycle again calling negative posters who point out this trash for what it is, and post/contribute  all season and off-season, ‘not real fans’ lol

you guys aren’t special, there is literally an influx of your dumbass bullshit at the beginning of every. Single. Year.

Stfu

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, TheoJay10 said:

This team will be better than the previous two years. For some reason dipshits here are too enamored wit hating Rhule to see it. Once the wins become more consistent and the playoffs look like a possibility, I hope to consistently annoying pessimists to eat crow and apologize to those trying to be as optimistic as reasonably possible. And you know what, if they don't make the playoffs and Rhule is fired then we get to have a new regime to get excited for. Stop crying fug your wife or whatever your significant other identifies as and be happy you like sports and orifices to lay your chode in. Good day. 

Better than the past two teams is a pretty low bar and bo one owes anyone an 'apology' if that some how happens. Being objective about what the last two years have actually been and seeing the same person in command still doing some of the same head-scratching things does not equate to being 'enamored with hating Rhule'. The guy has earned every bit of fair criticism and even cynicism and has a ton to prove on the field.

• Pie 2

Panthers have the Bengals OL of 2020.

Panthers don't have a Chase type WR in the clutch.

Baker is no where near Burrow when it comes to GWD ability.

Panthers defense doesn't have proven defenders who can produce turnovers.

Far from a Bengals 2021 or either Panthers SB losing teams. Why would we even hope to be SB losers? SB and dynasty is always the goal, or don't bother showing up on game day imo.

We are hoping for a Rams 1999 miracle season. The pieces were out there to make this a possibility, but the front office missed the target in the offseason/draft.

Approaching this season like it is anything less than a SB champion or bust season for Rhule was their first mistake. Allowing Rhule a 7 year plan and to existing a perpetual rebuilding season for 3 years is a problem.

• Pie 2