• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold’s job was to What?!

ncfan

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule was out there today acknowledging chemistry issues.  We keep seeing botched Baker snaps under C.   

I mean, yeah, Baker goes quick.  All our Cs need as much time with out new starter as possible to get it down.  Instead we had Sam taking starter reps 

And I've noticed that too...  the flaws that many of us here constantly seem to call out, it's like he realizes it weeks to months later and then acknowledges the additional issues it caused.  All those things really are why so many here are hard on him.  We had out issues with Ron and his seeming stubbornness, but this isn't stubbornness with Rhule.  It's so frustrating because it comes off as being clueless.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

38 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

I just watched this live, he said his job "GOING FORWARD" was to support Mayfield. 

Mayfield also said a few minutes after talking about the eventuality of the decision that it could be him in Sam's shoes and he would have been the same way Sam is, which is team first.

So classic for the huddle to cry about random meaningless things like player/coach quotes that are just completely standard…

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And I've noticed that too...  the flaws that many of us here constantly seem to call out, it's like he realizes it weeks to months later and then acknowledges the additional issues it caused.  All those things really are why so many here are hard on him.  We had out issues with Ron and his seeming stubbornness, but this isn't stubbornness with Rhule.  It's so frustrating because it comes off as being clueless.

My thought pretty much. It's like he's searching through the playbook on Madden trying to find just the right play only to hit ask Madden anyway. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Clueless or stubborn. It`s semantics. In the end both still hurt the team by not doing what needs to be done.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Exactly. When a bunch of armchair experts are constantly 2-3 steps ahead of the HC it makes sense the players quit on him twice last year. Rhules inability to assess and adapt on the fly must be maddening for the people who work for him. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

So while this whole dam QB Competition Charade dragged on.

apparently Darnold’s job was to……..

Wait

“to support Baker, and help him get ready.”

So why the heck did we drag this crap out.  Those reps that Mayfield could’ve had with the 1st string WR and OL would’ve nice and helpful.

It’s his job moving forward….reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit is it?

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Good part of all of this is that both QBs handled this well.  They both said all the right things.  So far I am pleasantly surprised with Baker.  We have not seen any of the stuff that we heard about from Cleveland. Just hope I am even more impressed with him on Sept 11.

Sam is a bro. He’s just a shitty NFL starting QB. He probably has 10 more years as a top level backup QB if that’s what he wants. There’s only 32 starting QBs in the NFL, and like half of them are not great. It’s a tough gig. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

I wish I could read the word "rep" more.  Who knew there were so many "rep" management experts here?  What a time to be on the huddle

Almost as bad as “narrative” and “take” 🤣 like y’all don’t work for ESPN so let’s chill with the journalist lingo 

• Beer 1