• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Daviyon Nixon

Zod

A couple things here.

(Deep breath)

Ok, I have to suggest maybe, maybe…MAYBE… Rhule is actually crafting the roster?

I FUGGIN SAID “MAYBE!?!”

I don’t know… damn new season hopes got me talking crazy.

However, with Fitty “in on every deal” wheeling and dealing on draft day trading down for picks means more of the later round flyers will depart than stick.

Its possible we’re a bit conditioned to certain results from poor to measurably retarded GMs.  We can’t see this cut and treat it like another Hurney/Gettle draft.  We still don’t know how to gauge Fitts.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

He probably has a shitty work ethic and/or personality and this was the polite way of putting it

A lot of these kids have no idea how to work or act in a professional setting, just because they are in the NFL doesn't mean they are suddenly mature. Watch any season of hard knocks and you'll see players that don't get it, at all. 

It's simple... Nixon got outworked by McCall and Hoskins, no need to keep the dead weight for a backup player

Probably, instantly shows you are reaching for something. I don't need you to explain player maturity and give me some soccer dad take on players you know very little about. I was saying if a 2nd year, 5th round pick all of a sudden doesn't have the skill to play in the NFL, what does that say about our regime? 

9 minutes ago, Icege said:

It makes sense if you watched the games.

See above response and I watched the games. Secondly, when you watch the games you as a fan barely know what the assignments are and what the coaches are asking them to do so spare me. Don't get excited because you have a bunch of posts on a message board and think you really know football. Hoskins got blown off the ball, has trouble with leverage, and doesn't even register playing against 3rd and 4th string talent. I don't know maybe that's what Rhule wants. I truly am tired of this team wasting draft picks in trades and picking bums who don't pan out this quickly. And they were praising him less than a week ago. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 4

1 minute ago, DJ feed me moore said:

oh wow so the guy with red flag character concerns has a concerning character... crazy.

They implied maybe it was more Nixon not putting in the work, etc. 

Idk, just adding some context through them rather than blatantly screaming and crying about every thing Matt Rhule does.

• Pie 5

Just now, NorthTryon said:

Probably, instantly shows you are reaching for something. I don't need you to explain player maturity and give me some soccer dad take on players you know very little about. I was saying if a 2nd year, 5th round pick all of a sudden doesn't have the skill to play in the NFL, what does that say about our regime? 

See above response and I watched the games. Secondly, when you watch the games you as a fan barely know what the assignments are and what the coaches are asking them to do so spare me. Don't get excited because you have a bunch of posts on a message board and think you really know football. Hoskins got blown off the ball, has trouble with leverage, and doesn't even register playing against 3rd and 4th string talent. I don't know maybe that's what Rhule wants. I truly am tired of this team wasting draft picks in trades and picking bums who don't pan out this quickly. And they were praising him less than a week ago. 

What is says about our regime is that every team picks bums that don't pan out, it happens. The same regime gave us players that will play a lot in this same draft: Jaycee Horn, Brady Christensen, Tommy Tremble, Shi Smith, Chuba Hubbard. The draft is total crapshoot after the first round. This year Mays, Smith, and Barno are all showing promise despite lack of draft picks.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

They implied maybe it was more Nixon not putting in the work, etc. 

Idk, just adding some context through them rather than blatantly screaming and crying about every thing Matt Rhule does.

personally I am excited to see McCall play, he could be huge for this season. loved how he played vs back ups.

• Pie 1

And we move on. He wasn't a make or break player for the team right now and the current staff is on a make or break season. Decisions like this get made when you're a bubble player, particularly one who is injured.

Perhaps he'll recover and get another chance somewhere later on and make the most of it. Right now, we're trying to make a team to compete right this minute. There are other jobs on the line, particularly those who make these decisions.

Tough for him, but it might be a blessing in disguise for the guy. He's young and has time to fix the problems and develop to his potential. Right now, Coach Rhule and Fitterer are looking down the barrel of show us something or leave town.

• Pie 2

At the end of the day I'm not gonna get bent out of shape about it. It all comes down to wins and losses. When you've sucked for awhile, everything gets nitpicked because it deserves to be. You've obviously been making more bad decisions that good to end up in this cesspool of suck.

If we turn it around and win this year, no one will care about any of these bottom of the roster moves. If we don't, well we'll keep nitpicking all the bad decisions.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

What is says about our regime is that every team picks bums that don't pan out, it happens. The same regime gave us players that will play a lot in this same draft: Jaycee Horn, Brady Christensen, Tommy Tremble, Shi Smith, Chuba Hubbard. The draft is total crapshoot after the first round. This year Mays, Smith, and Barno are all showing promise despite lack of draft picks.

Christensen MUST work out at guard for him to be good since he won't be a OT for us and he was a 3rd round pick. Tremble is looking like a solid depth guy right now nothin more or they wouldn't be desperate for a real TE at the moment. Shi looks good but didn't do much last year so this the year to prove it...jury still out. Chuba is one more season of terrible hands from being cut next year. Hell, he could have been cut last week and it would have been justified.