• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Cleveland Browns at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, Wolfpredator said:

I won't and refuse to acknowledge that.  I will never be one of those fans who say one call determined the outcome of a game...that's YOUR perspective of it and you're more than welcome to support that view just as I am mine.  Get how that works?

Sure, I do. Doesn’t mean I can’t disagree with it. 

Do you think that call directly contributed to the Browns having the last second FG opportunity?

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

100%. It is not set up well and used even less well. I have zero faith these people can turn it around. Baker is who he always was. Run the ball, let him make a few plays and don't put it on his back. When we came out and threw it 3 times to open the game with a 3 & out I knew it was not going to be a true run first offense that would work best for him. Don't ask him to be who he isn't and he will not be our biggest problems. 

Yeah, we supposedly have an elite running back and OL that has a strength in run blocking. Why not just pound them straight out of the gate and set the tone?

But, keep in mind that everyone keeps falling for this "Rhule wants to run the ball" poo but that isn't who Brady or McAdoo are. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Wait wait I thought you told me Baker was good? Some told me I was dumb for not putting him in the top 10 QBs yall are clowns. Listen when I speak. Learn something.

Baker sucked for first quarter and a half or so.  But after the pick, he settled down and played well, especially given how much pressure he was under.  In the second half, he threw for 150 yards, a td, and completed about 75% of his passes.  But the coach went college ball on us before the field goal.

Edited by Davidson Deac II

Just now, stbugs said:

Very true but all that had happened. Cleveland had us by the balls if they ran more than they did. We couldn’t stop it and we got two TDs on broken coverage plays. We were lucky to be in the game but at the time of the roughing the passer call, it cost us the game. We were up and they have a run first offense and no timeouts and they hadn’t even gotten a first down. We had momentum and the penalty gave them a chance.

Really hate to see penalties like that at the end of the game.  Wish it was reviewable.

• Beer 1

I'm choosing to focus on the positive which was a 4th quarter comeback and ignoring all things officiating and coaching, cleveland pulled out a win by kicking a 60 yard field goal.  First game playing a run-heavy offense that this defense is not built for.  There's a strong nucleus of young talent for sure, just need to create that "12th man" chemistry on the field.

1 minute ago, the butch said:

I'm choosing to focus on the positive which was a 4th quarter comeback and ignoring all things officiating and coaching, cleveland pulled out a win by kicking a 60 yard field goal.  First game playing a run-heavy offense that this defense is not built for.  There's a strong nucleus of young talent for sure, just need to create that "12th man" chemistry on the field.

You'll come to your senses soon enough young one.