• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL does owe the Panthers an explanation why the Brissett spike was not intentional grounding.

hepcat

Would be nice if the NFL came out and said the refs did mess up that fake spike call, that it should have been a penalty an 10 sec runoff. 

And because of that, they’ll nullify the last second field goal that shouldn’t have happened and give the Panthers the win

But that’s not going to happen.  At best, we’ll get a cookie and a pat on the head 

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I know some here joke about Vegas but with Gambling going on, there is a lot more truth now to that.

The NFL is no longer about who wins the game but who the refs ALLOW to win the game based on the spread.

Always remember - the NFL is under no obligation to call a fair game. They are a private organization that made up their own rules.

• Pie 3

17 hours ago, Growl said:

Dave tepper has absolutely no testicles if he doesn’t make a very public stink about this

I’ve veered dangerously close to the apathy line with the nfl and this may very well push me into it

There's a reason he has a bull with huge nuts in his office... making up for his lack thereof. 

On 9/11/2022 at 7:05 PM, glenwo2 said:

I know some here joke about Vegas but with Gambling going on, there is a lot more truth now to that.

The NFL is no longer about who wins the game but who the refs ALLOW to win the game based on the spread.

No longer? It's always been that way. Al Davis use to water the field and pay off refs back in the 70s and Jerry Jones had no problem in the 90s give refs a little cash. 

On 9/11/2022 at 7:42 PM, hepcat said:

Always remember - the NFL is under no obligation to call a fair game. They are a private organization that made up their own rules.

I'm fairly sure it is illegal to allow bets without their being public knowledge that it is a fair competition though.  I think if it is public knowledge that it's already happened then it's different.  That's how people bet on these reality shows and stuff at vegas for whatever dumb reason, but I think even if it is a private company, if they put out the illusion that it is a fair competition then it is treated differently.  I could be wrong though.