• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I believed in Baker. But I was wrong. Also, the OL sucks ass.

Proudiddy

8 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

how many throws did baker actually miss? i counted three game changing drops from shi smith alone. more from others (thomas, CMC) plus fumbles and poo, baker was hardly the problem here imo

and let's not forget the tackles played horribly and he was running for his life every down 

Game changing drops? Outside of the one Shi Smith one most of them were no gainers.

You can tell the guys on here who know football and those who don't.4

Baker wasn't elite today, duh, but this loss isn't on him. Drops, terrible OCing, and OL play are all bigger reasons for the loss. Shi played terribly and should have been benched. Thomas dropped a couple. Ikey has a lot to learn. McAdoo flat-out sucks. Classic case of exalting the QB when they win and blaming him when they lose.

Hopefully, Rhule gets the axe soon. Take McAdoo with you.

6 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...no excuses but he is running for his life damn near every snap.... funny how no one can get separation in any way shape or form..

He's either holding it too long or running into the rush. He's playing the same way he did last game. 

This time he was locked in on Shi after not seeing him last game.  Giants watched film too. 

Nah, after watching last year .... Baker didnt lose us this game. 

Game planning and coaching has did. 

First of all take away the two fumbles on our first two posessions ... we aren't talking about this. 

Chubba should not be a returner IMO. 

Wtf is going on with some of these routes??? 

The Oline is not at all what I imagined. Corbett's and Elf are not cutting it. Ickey gets a pass as he's still developing. 

I counted 5 drops. 

And the run D looks vastly different as did Derrick Brown. 

Get McCaffrey more involved in the passing game. This feels like Checkers vs Chess. 

P.S.. The Jets beat the Brown 

P.S.S. The schedule only gets harder. 

I’m not sure you can pin this one on Baker today. Shi Smith had 2-3 drops that would have won us the game and added another two TDs. Baker had a few stupid errant throws but there were not consequential results from it.

This team lacks self awareness and motivation. The talent is there to whoop a lot of ass, I do believe that. But Rhule is dwindling it with his “process” and figuring of poo out. 

It’s perplexing to watch because Rhule is acting like he has the leash to do play this out and build his culture when he has done absolutely nothing to deserve it.

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

I’m not sure you can pin this one on Baker today. Shi Smith had 2-3 drops that would have won us the game and added another two TDs. Baker had a few stupid errant throws but there were not consequential results from it.

This team lacks self awareness and motivation. The talent is there to whoop a lot of ass, I do believe that. But Rhule is dwindling it with his “process” and figuring of poo out. 

It’s perplexing to watch because Rhule is acting like he has the leash to do play this out and build his culture when he has done absolutely nothing to deserve it.

I know right anyone else notice a pattern b/c clearly some don't

4 QBs literally the same outcome, except one isn't tossing INTs to the other team like its going out of style.

QB literally isn't even a top 3 concern and that's just on the offensive side of the ball. Not saying much that's just how bad it is at several other areas.

Baker is easily the best QB we've had since prime Cam and to say otherwise is just a lie or being clouded by frustration.

Icky is a rookie, he's gonna keep improving. Moton and Elflein, however....

Scheme wise, idk what you guys are seeing but I'm seeing a LOT more open receivers than I've seen since Cam's MVP year. The scheme works. Play calling leaves a lot to be desired. We bail on the run too early. Rhule saying a few weeks ago that this is a passing league worried me and my worries are coming true. We're trying to "fit in" with the heavy passing game and it's not this teams identity. We're a rush, hit the short throws that can break loose, take a shot to keep the safeties back team.

CMC was averaging nearly 7 per carry. He had 15 carries. Unacceptable.

To be clear, I'm not saying Baker is the problem.  But I expected his play to elevate us above a lot of our problems and it hasn't really moved the needle either way.

Again, don't get me wrong, he is light-years ahead of Darnold, but I'm not seeing the "jump" I expected, all while acknowledging that this whole trainwreck that Rhule is orchestrating is awfully hard for anyone to elevate above. 

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

I know right anyone else notice a pattern b/c clearly some don't

4 QBs literally the same outcome, except one isn't tossing INTs to the other team like its going out of style.

QB literally isn't even a top 3 concern and that's just on the offensive side of the ball. Not saying much that's just how bad it is at several other areas.

Yeah a meh QB can be great with all the right other parts. A good QB with bad line, skill players, is sunk too. 

Really been pissed we continue to have a flat terrible line. People poo on the browns line for bakers mistakes, but those boys could drive the living poo out of it in the run game and imo they were waaaay better than they got credit for in the passing game imo.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He's either holding it too long or running into the rush. He's playing the same way he did last game. 

This time he was locked in on Shi after not seeing him last game.  Giants watched film too. 

...Whole offence is swiss cheese...I thought mayfield could mask our deficiencies  but I was   wr wro wrong...