• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Head Coaching suggestions

DJ feed me moore

1 minute ago, ChuckWag78 said:

Maybe not, but Houston has looked/been competetive and never quit. I think Pep would be a great HC. 

I know he was a fan favorite at the time but Houston seems to be in a dumpster fire too.. So kinda of hard to buy in right now.. he might be a sound coach.. hard to be positive right now

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

What’s your take on Eric Bieniemy? Like I said in my post he was my top choice till I read an article about his “interview” issues last offseason.

There's something there. Maybe it's the criminal record. Maybe it's his personality. Maybe it's something none of us knows.

But it's there...

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Young offensive options: Ben Johnson, Brian Callahan, Shane Steichen, Ken Dorsey

Defensive coaches: Demeco Ryans, Jonathan Gannon, Patrick Graham, Jerod Mayo

Guy I like best: Rich Bisaccia

Second choice: at the moment, Don Martindale

Guys I don't think are ready: Byron Leftwich, Kellen Moore

Guys I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole: Eric Bieniemy, Sean Payton

Guy I think probably gets the job: Dorsey

Why not include Mike Lafluer on the list of young offensive options?

GM: Rob McCartney. He has done a great job at finding talent and organizing the drafts for the Bucs. He fits with Leftwich and can make for an instant culture change.

HC: Byron Leftwich. He can set a winning team culture and give players everything they need to elevate their play. He also knows how to work with all types of personalities and get the most out of everyone while knowing how to coach to his teams strengths.

OC: Mark Brunell. The real reason for the Lions offensive success. I see a lot of Bill Walsh qualities in this one. I'd plan on elevating him to HC at some point and trading Leftwich. Same thing I wanted to do with McDermott. A team would have traded for Rivera.

DC: Johnny Holland. Went from helping to build the Packers in the 90s to finding and developing Demeco Ryans as a player, leader, and now coach. He doesn't take the credit, but you can always see Ryans leaning on Holland.

7 hours ago, trueblade said:

Why not include Mike Lafluer on the list of young offensive options?

I'm not seeing him talked about as much this year but he could be.

6 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Rivera was passed over nine times. He’ll get a job if he keeps trying 

Rivera didn't interview well, but I never heard of anyone attributing red flags to him.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Y’all know Tepper Hated Tomlin and petitioned the Rooneys to fire him. Tepper was a minority owner and basically had no say at the time.

It can happen. Tepper was only named in the PFT report because he was a minority  owner and no one has ever been able to truly confirm which ones wanted Tomlin gone.

• Flames 1