• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Burns practically a "lock" to be traded before the deadline

saX man

37 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well some of it could relate more to what 89 talked about.  He said 2 weeks ago is when he would have demanded out of Charlotte. 

so we likely have guys that want no part of a long rebuild.  There window is now. 

I think that was more specific to the WR he was talking to (likely DJ Moore) based on the state of the offense. I don’t think he meant every player should be demanding a trade.

man yall listen to any dude on twitter and take as law. yall have got to do better. Once again Fitt and Wilks are playing for their jobs they dont have to worry about next season because they may not be here. They are trying to win and you dont do that by trading your best players. All these reports should be taken with alot of salt. 

Edited by countryboi
  • Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Feel free to post a legitimate article that has Brian Burns saying he wants out of Carolina.  All this ridiculous talk based on some twitter moron 

I retracted in the 3rd post after finding out about this guy & asked a mod to consider closure.  All good.  

Edited by saX man

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

I think that was more specific to the WR he was talking to (likely DJ Moore) based on the state of the offense. I don’t think he meant every player should be demanding a trade.

I didn’t that comment as a reference to anyone specific though.  I think 89 was simply saying that teams that find themselves where we are at…..are going to have players ask out.  He would have. 

Unless someone is offering at least 2 firsts for him, you don't even answer the phone, this one is easier than CMC.

Best case scenario, we find a way to sign him to a long term deal in the offseason and keep a potential yearly all pro candidate.

Worst case scenario, we can't work out a contract with him in the offseason due to the cap, so we tag him and trade him then for a haul.

This isn't CMC where he could get hurt again and nobody would want him in the offseason.  Burns has already shown elite potential, has no real injury history, and isn't even into his prime years yet, if he were to go on the IR today and not play another snap this year he would still have significant trade value this offseason.

Trading him now doesn't make any sense unless you get a massive return as we can't lose him for nothing as he'd be our franchise tag.