• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ADAM SCHEFTER: Panthers listening to Christian McCaffrey trade offers

TheSpecialJuan

When healthy CMC is an MVP level player, I'd be cool with seeing him go to Panthers north but only for fair value. Don't just give him away because we fired our terrible HC. I'd like to see us get back James cook; a 1st; and another pick from either the 4th or 5th round and the Bills take his whole contract.

Edited by CmC2k

2 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

For an incoming coach losing McCaffrey would take us down a rung on the list of possible teams. But if he is traded, trade him to the AFC. Personally I wouldn't... unless ...AND it's a pipe dream we somehow fleeced a team like the 49ers for a second and 3rd in 2023 and a first and fourth/fifth in 2024. 

Probably never happen but Deebo + McCaffrey would really be a damn nightmare. 

Seems like a trade the Rams would make. 

We'd prob trade Anderson for a third if offered.... Chiefs

Burns, Brown and DJ aren't going anywhere. 

Donte & Shaq ...perhaps. 

Could we even get a third for Anderson? Doesn't feel like we could get much more than a 5th for him these days but maybe im wrong.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, YourLastThought said:

Could we even get a third for Anderson? Doesn't feel like we could get much more than a 5th for him these days but maybe im wrong.

Last article I remember seeing ranked his value around a 4th rounder, which I dunno about. Hollywood Brown and a Ravens 3rd went to the Cardinals for their 1st round pick. Maybe we send a 5-6th and Robbie to get a 3rd or something? You would need a playoff team that has bad Wr's or WR injuries like the Packers

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I still think that we aren't "shopping" CMC but listening to offers. If Buffalo calls and gives a huge package that you can't turn down we ship him off other wise fug off Bills we don't care.

Even their 1st isn't that appealing, pick 31 or 32 in the draft for a player that might or might not be a bust? Barely worth it, only even a consideration because we've traded so many picks away and fuged up our cap for no reason 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

You equally can’t attract without cap room.

But I agree more or less. Issue is the Panthers have horrendous contracts on the books.

But having the number 1 overall should be very attractive to any and all candidates. Add in some additional firsts and it really helps with the lack of talent and make up for the fact our owner is a complete moron.

28 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Even their 1st isn't that appealing, pick 31 or 32 in the draft for a player that might or might not be a bust? Barely worth it, only even a consideration because we've traded so many picks away and fuged up our cap for no reason 

You gonna have to give more picks for sure, I keep seeing "a 2nd and Devin Singletary" thrown around...why? A almost 3rd and a RB that is a FA at the end of the year...no thanks. You would have more luck with a 1st and James Cook but that still not enough to me.

• Beer 1