• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

If we come sway with like 3 2nds and 2 3rds, I'll be less disappointed.  I still maintain at 26 years old, even knowing how quickly RBs depreciate, that he should've commanded a 1st from a surefire playoff team.  I think we may have also been doing him a solid and sending him somewhere he really wanted to go.

Also, I maintain, he likely isn't going to fall of a production cliff like most other RBs when he hits 30, because due to his route running, I honestly think he would be able to shift out as a primary slot receiver.  I also think Shanahan will utilize him in such a way that it will limit his exposure to injuries - you know, opposite of how we used him.

He also hasn't played much in 3 years.

We signed his big contract.  He essentially  sat out 2 years.  Played 6 games and then moved on.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The more I think about it, don't be shocked if it comes out that we took this offer over a single 1st. Fitterer LOVES having lots of picks. He very well may have preferred an offer featuring a bunch of picks over one pick that would be seen as more valuable by lost draft charts. 

Makes sense that a dumbass like Fitterer would think that. Why have 1 1st round pick when I can get 2 7th round picks. 2 is more than 1 after all...

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

But what rebuild plans do we really have. We need a HC, new OC, new direction on offense and just traded away our best offensive piece by far. How do we attract a good HC candidate with what we're doing? 

New OC and New offensive direction are the same thing. they come as a package deal. You get a head coach because you have a ridiculous core and a lot of draft capital.

core:

Horn

Burns

Chinn

Brown

Luvu

Moore

Ickey

8 picks in the upcoming draft. With 4 of them in the top 100.

add a Qb and you have a young team with studs at all of the important positions.

• Flames 1