• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

8 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

I think this trade all but guarantees Wilks has no chance of being the head coach next year. We just traded away literally the only offense we have and that's not even considering DJ being traded as well. Whatever you think of the guy, he's royally screwed.

If Wilks thought he got a raw deal in Arizona, oh wee mayne.

• Pie 1

Picks 2-4 next year

man it really sucks to believe our franchise is so trash we can’t even utilize a player like cmc…

not that I disagree with the trade, this is good, a first would have been great, using cmc properly with a winning team and competent staff would’ve been the ultimate.

but as a panthers fan, mediocre may be the realistic ultimate

Edited by onmyown

If we come away with like 3 2nds and 2 3rds, I'll be less disappointed.  I still maintain at 26 years old, even knowing how quickly RBs depreciate, that he should've commanded a 1st from a surefire playoff team.  I think we may have also been doing him a solid and sending him somewhere he really wanted to go.

Also, I maintain, he likely isn't going to fall of a production cliff like most other RBs when he hits 30, because due to his route running, I honestly think he would be able to shift out as a primary slot receiver.  I also think Shanahan will utilize him in such a way that it will limit his exposure to injuries - you know, opposite of how we used him.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He's not an elite player, he's a HoF talent.

We've had like 4 of those in Charlotte in 25 years and people are celebrating trading away the 5th one for peanuts.

Baffling.

This is the smartest reply on this board. There is absolutely nothing that is special on this team currently. Literally nothing.

Yay! We got one of each:

YGM/TMJ

Tremble/BC/Tremble/Corral

Chuba/Troy Pride/Brandon Smith 

Roy/Kenny Robinson/Keith Taylor. 

I wouldn't trade CMC for every single one of those players and you're lying if you say you would.

That entire "haul" is worth about 100 points less than the value of pick 31 using draft charts. fuging garbage. Absolute garbage. 

Gonna be honest, this may be the end of my "fandom" with the team and the NFL as a whole. I've sat through a lot over the last 18 years but I'm not giving any more of my time or money to this worthless franchise that continues to squander Hall of Fame talent. 

Who'd have thought the god damn Super Bowl loss 7 years ago was just the tip of the iceberg in how absolutely bad things would get. 

fug you Tepper. fug you Rhule. fug you Fitterer. 

4 minutes ago, PantherMan89 said:

Like everyone else I’m disappointed we didn’t get a 1st out of the deal. But if you look at the nfl pick value chart these picks are certainly worth a 1st rounder. I understand the value chart isn’t perfect but point still stands. 

https://overthecap.com/draft-trade-value-chart

I am calling BS on those trade values. Teams aren't going to trade pick 15 for an end of 2nd round pick (pick 60) and end of 3rd round pick (pick 90)... Unless you are the Vikings with their stupid draft pick trade with the Lions last year...

7 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

A haul would've been getting Lance, their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks. Who are we going to get that will replace the value of a healthy CMC with those picks? No one. That's why the 49ers gave them to us.

Lance? SF fans were thinking they would have to go back to Jimmy G even before Lance got hurt.

• Flames 1