• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

The value of the haul can go either way depending on what our next draft looks like. There’s now no head coach with an invested future and an owner with a renewed intent to be more hands off. That means this is effectively Fitterrer betting all in on himself in this next draft. Or are you repeating the same mistake in planning to sell the new head coach on complete control over these picks?

Hard to comfortably stomach either option. I imagine Fittz thinks he can build in a full draft like that last Seahawk team. This is a down to the deadline bubble decision, and who is checking him on that confidence at this point? We’re obviously not privy to the ins an outs, but can’t help but feel that with some pushback and another week, a better option might have materialized. 

Edited by Jacabee

5 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

9ers lost by 14 to the falcons led by marcus mariota, and you guys think they are going deep in the playoffs?

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

Pretty rough travel trip for them having to play 2 consecutive weeks on the east coast. Falcons have also looked pretty good this year and have been perfect ATS.

The Falcons might beat us by 30

1 minute ago, davos said:

There is very little chance we win another game. So we’re sitting with pretty much pick 1, 32 (only 31 1sts in 2023), probs around 45-55, 63, 76-86, 100, 120ish, and on. 

The tank is for real obvious now so you have to imagine a few more of the guys who are dying to be with a contender are requesting out.

And we have ammo to trade further up into R1 if there’s another top talent we love.

Full reset on offense folks. New coach, new everything 

I don’t think we have 63 next year. We traded that already. 

4 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

The 6th best team in the NFC??? Behind what 5 teams???

This puts them up there with Philly for best in a very awful NFC. I'll be shocked if the pick is anything better than number 58.

they are 3-3 right now with losses to a shitty bears team and a shitty falcons team. they play the chefs next, so they will be 3-4 after this weekend. i expect they are a .500 team, and these will be mid round picks. 

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not hard to believe he was involved in the discussion, especially so when he goes to a team coached by a close family friend.

There are reports that Rams were very interested too but they lack the draft picks. CMC and the Shanahan family go way back to their days of Denver. I know CMC had some say in this, it’s essentially a dream come true for CMC. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Lots of overreactions here … “60th pick” … 49ers are a good football team but they aren’t going deep this year in the NFC. They are probably the 6th best team in the nfc at best. 

CMC helps but having a depleted dline, injured secondary and jimmy G doesn’t.

The 49ers run an offence that puts their playmakers in space - lots of outside zone.

Guess what McCaffrey is best at? Plays in space. He's going to murder teams in that offence (baring injury). This trade puts them over the top and leaves us in full on tanking mode.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

The 6th best team in the NFC??? Behind what 5 teams???

This puts them up there with Philly for best in a very awful NFC. I'll be shocked if the pick is anything better than number 58.

Vikings

giants

cowboys

packers

eagles

Easily your top 5. Bucs will automatically get into the playoffs bc of the NFCS. Only one team gets out of the west and that is whoever wins the division. 

I’m ok with the trade; it had to be done, but with this trade, we should’ve been talking about having way more than 7 total picks for the upcoming draft. Rhule and Fitt mortgaging the future previously, when most of us knew the team didn’t need to make those moves, is infuriating. We wasted picks on CJ, and we wasted a pick on Corral.

At this point, you’ve gotta atleast try and trade Shaq and DJax. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Picks take time to develop. The owner is a hot mess. The only fan base at home games belongs to the other team. The Carolina Panthers HC job is not an attractive one right now. The culture in Carolina is TOXIC. 

Might be attractive to a guy who grew up here 🤔

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1