• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

2 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

they are 3-3 right now with losses to a shitty bears team and a shitty falcons team. they play the chefs next, so they will be 3-4 after this weekend. i expect they are a .500 team, and these will be mid round picks. 

Bears game was in a monsoon (Trey Lance horribly choked that game away) and the Falcons game was on the 2nd game of a cross country road trip.

I think they beat the Chiefs this week (and that was prior to them getting CMC).

I think they go 11-6 or 10-7, win their division, and probably get the 3 or 2 seed in the NFC. They matchup well against most NFC teams and I could easily see them making it to the SuperBowl

Not sure what people were expecting to get out of CMC with the bloat of his deal and his injury history the past few years. he's cheap in base salary this year, but the number goes back up big the year following. this is about draft capital and being able to move around a little if we end up picking outside the top 5 to load up and get our guy at QB or to move back into the 1st if there's a falling WR or TE that might be a game changer for us. this had to be done. CMC helps us win. we don't need to win right now. that's just not where we are. 

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

I'm ok with the CMC trade it's not a terrible back breaking move by Fitt. Fitt destroyed our team with the legendary Sam trade that no one in the entire state of NC wanted or thought was a good idea except Fitt and his idiot scouts.

I’m going to blame the Sam and baker trade on rhule. Bc he had the ultimate decision rights and fitter we played fiddle to rhule due to contract obligations. if anything FItt just recouped from rhules poo show. 

Just now, roaddog96 said:

Who was going to give it? We can wish all we want, but if a contending team saw him as the true missing piece, they would've coughed the 1st up a long time ago to get him, either in the offseason. I think people got delusional, CMC is great but is oft injured. The 49ers basically opted out of the 2023 NFL Draft, to our benefit. How is that a loss? Holding onto him for the sake of holding on to him because no one would give us a first is a fireable offense as well. That is the sunk cost fallacy that a lot of people seem to have on the board tonight. This trade makes us better in the long term. They're tanking the season, and to make us look good for future coaches, we need draft capital and young players. We had one but not the other. Now with one trade, we have both. It's not over either, there will be more moves. 

My answer is simple, why not keep him for less than a first. You won't draft a player in the second round better or equal to him. 

• Pie 1

I wish the best for CMAC. He should thrive in that offense of he stays healthy. Having to game plan for him and Deebo is going to be a nightmare for opposing defenses. I can see why the 49ers made this deal. They are being aggressive and are going all in to win a title this year.

As for us, I'm expecting more of the same...sustained mediocrity, if not worse. We got a 2,3,4 in 2023 and 5th in 2024 next year and some people are acting we are bound for greatness now. This team has been in the league since 1995 and never has back to back winning seasons. Our drafts have usually been historically bad after the 1st and 2nd rounds for the past decade. Some years we haven't even produced a bonafide starter after the first round. Hurney was terrible at building roster depth and finding hidden gems late in the draft. Our current GM seems to enjoy trading down for value and excess picks that never make a significant impact on the playing field. I'm not even going to mention the Darnold and Mayfield trades

We don't have Ozzie Newsome or Brandon Beane running the front office. Since the Rhule/Fitz era began in 2020 I struggle to find  a pick outside of of the first round other than Jeremy Chinn and Brady Christensen who have lived up to their draft position. Yet, a portion of this fan base feels we're going get it right this time.

I'll always root for the team, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I would have liked this deal better if we definitely knew who was coaching the team (I can't see Wilks getting this job now), running the front office (no guarantee that Fitz is coming back), and coordinating the the squads on both sides of the ball heading into the 2023 draft.