• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More trade predictions from LaCanfora

Paa Langfart

As a reminder , LaCanfora was saying that CMC was going to be traded before the deadline over a month ago.

The Carolina Panthers have been the center of attention heading into the NFL’s trade deadline, which looms on the first day of November. That will remain the case.

The rebuilding franchise already has completed two deals — including last week’s Christian McCaffrey blockbuster that we told you was coming about a month ago — and the expectation around the industry remains that the Panthers will continue amassing draft capital with at least two more transactions, most likely focused on the offensive and defensive line. While there is still a chance they move another star player — rival general managers continue to poke and prod and make attempts to pry more young talent out of Carolina — the executives I spoke with over the weekend believe the odds of Carolina dealing star pass rusher Brian Burns or versatile defensive back Jeremy Chinn are scant.

Contending teams, always looking to fortify their pass rush and offensive line, believe Carolina end Henry Anderson is a prime candidate to be dealt, with offense tackle Cameron Erving also seen as someone potentially on the move.

more

NFL trade deadline primer: Players and teams to watch - The Washington Post

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, Paa Langfart said:

As a reminder , LaCanfora was saying that CMC was going to be traded before the deadline over a month ago.

Contending teams, always looking to fortify their pass rush and offensive line, believe Carolina end Henry Anderson is a prime candidate to be dealt, with offense tackle Cameron Erving also seen as someone potentially on the move.

more

NFL trade deadline primer: Players and teams to watch - The Washington Post

do it

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Erving has been the type of mentoring presence for Ickey as that previous article made him out to be, I'd honestly rather keep him through the season than trade him for a conditional late round pick or something like that.

Same, although if we could get something for Erving in trade, that'd be kind of impressive.

As to Anderson, it's reasonable speculation. He just has to get over his "illness".

Edited by Mr. Scot

It may seem like little value but this is how you get those extra 5th-7ths that become part of draft day trades, or just a part of a bigger lot of draftees.  I mean, if we could legit move a vet on a 1-year deal for a draft pick, do it.  You re essentially securing draft capital for someone not on the roster or books next year. 

I'll give our expiring value that others could use now for future value.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Erving has been the type of mentoring presence for Ickey as that previous article made him out to be, I'd honestly rather keep him through the season than trade him for a conditional late round pick or something like that.

I'd rather have a 5th rounder and find a good o line coach.