• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, let's just say......

ladypanther

I really hope we don't give Wilks the full time HC job he's done well but his 2 wins have came against the Falcons who have a bottom 5 roster in the NFL and the Bucs who were in free fall in the beginning of the year. We need to find an offensive minded HC.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You are asking the wrong question here.  You should be asking what can wilks do in the last 7 games to solidify the job?  Because I dont see a lot of wiggle room for him going forward.

Nothing. Tepper would look like a fool again and Wilks wouldn't last 2 years playing conservative ball not as an interim HC. What makes him a safe interim HC is what makes him a bad HC candidate.

Again Saturday won his first game coaching ever. I just don't see how Wilks can compete for this job with the other candidates being discussed...out side of clueless ownership.

• Pie 1

I think he would have to win the division and make the playoffs for it to happen but if it does. 

-Ben McAdoo: I mean in the scenario he won the division so why not?

-Byron Leftwich: Would require Tampa letting him go, was Wilks interim OC in Arizona.

-Todd Monken: Was OC under Kitchens when Wilks was in Cleveland. Currently Georgia’s OC.

-Mike McCoy: Unlikely since Wilks fired him and replaced him in Arizona, but there is a connection there, and McCoy has been in Carolina before as a coach.

-Freddie Kitchens: Currently working for South Carolina, was Wilks Head Coach in Cleveland.

-Mike Shula: Was OC here during most of Wilks tenure in Carolina on the last stint.

Rob Chudzinksi: Briefly overlapped with Wilks during his time here, working for Boston College now.

Edited by Cdparr7
  • Pie 2

I absolutely love Wilks. I really do. I think we should keep Wilks.

As assistant head coach, or some other role. Bring in an offensive mind who is aggressive and hungry to pair with him. Wilks gets Panthers football. He got us looking like the Panthers again. Problem is he is far too conservative to have a successful offense in today's NFL. 

You don't just fire Wilks, but naming him HC and hoping for the best is a recipe for a middling team long term.

• Pie 3

please god no, and Fit needs to go too

in fact that’s the real telling sign. if Fit is still here, we are doomed for another failure of Tepper’s dumbassery and he will clearly not be learning from his fug ups or the rest of the NFL

in that case we can only hope he will change three years from then when his plan inevitable fails yet again 

• Pie 3