• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports "some" within the Panthers organization want Sam Darnold to get a chance to start

TheSpecialJuan

I'd be up for him starting for 2 games (without telling him he's only getting 2) if only to secure the Baker trade as a 5th. Although I'm not sure how much more we have to hold him out. I guess it depends on how much we're passing as well.

But, if you give him a couple games and he looks much better behind a better line, what have we got to lose?

Honestly it doesn't matter much who we start, so why not give Darnold some game time.

• Pie 3

Are people really that against seeing him? Coming into the season i thought it was a sure thing Baker would be at least a slight improvement over Sam. But we have seen such bad play from Baker i don't know how anyone can honestly say Sam has no chance to be better. If Baker looks the same vs Baltimore as he did earlier in the season i don't have any complaints about giving Sam a shot. 

Now if Corrall was healthy you throw them all out and see what he's got the rest of the way. But with Corrall and PJ hurt I don't see how anyone can feel confident in ranking Baker over Sam, or vice versa. 

• Pie 2

If you're rooting for a tank finish to the season, why wouldn't you start Darnold? 

Be consistent, people.  If you really despise him, if you think that he can't walk and chew gum at the same time, you have to start him just to ensure a top three draft pick.

Are we good, now?

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

If you're rooting for a tank finish to the season, why wouldn't you start Darnold? 

Be consistent, people.  If you really despise him, if you think that he can't walk and chew gum at the same time, you have to start him just to ensure a top three draft pick.

Are we good, now?

NO. Not only do I want it both ways. I want sprinkles. lol

• Poo 1

I just don't get why anyone wouldn't expect to see him sooner than later now that he is healthy so why be vocal about it before Baker gets his shot this week? We could end up seeing both in this game so why make any noise about Sam for another week?

Part of me hopes its McAdoo but to be fair that is the chaotic neutral part of me not wanting most of this staff around past game 17.