• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about CJ Stroud

NAS

honestly, im not convinced he can carry an NFL offense

He would have far less talent around him, against much higher competition

crazy to think that a college team would have much better weapons than an NFL team

last year he had JSN, Olave, and Wilson with an Elite OL

He can put the ball on the money when guys are open, he has time, and everything is going to plan

i dont think he does anything special that would carry a team  

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, stirs said:

Maybe Michigan can put some pressure on him.

All I see is a guy with 10 seconds to pass behind 5 refrigerators.  Not exactly a baptism with fire like the NFL

It's really hard to evaluate. It's so boring to watch yet somehow there's 40 points on the scoreboard in the 3rd quarter. The scrambles look slow to me compared to NFL standards, his combine testing is going to be interesting. RAS gonna be like a 6

Really like him. But I also understand Young. Both have concerns. No one is perfect. But I lean towards immeasurables with a prospect for those exact reasons. It’s always a risk but I do feel better about either one than anyone lay season. You have to take your chances.

Plus we will undoubtably be in the mix for the first pick next year. New HC and if done right, GM. New staff and likely a lot of new players and turn over. Usually first years are very ugly.

Personally in todays age and the value of a qb I see absolutely zero problems drafting a qb high back to back and picking the best in the end. The Patriots of done it. If you don’t have to trade up and waste resources doing it it makes sense. Hell I’d spend pick 1 three years in a row swinging on QBs if it meant a franchise qb, even if that’s not ideal. 

And honestly we don’t exactly have great scouts/Fo personnel like other teams to just take one big giant swing. 

Edited by onmyown

1 hour ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Stroud would be my choice if Texans take Young. At this point, even if we did win a game or two and not have the #2 overall pick, I think we would still have a chance at him as long as we pick in the top 5. The teams right behind us, Pittsburgh, Bears, Broncos don't need a QB. 

But those teams can trade with teams that do need a QB.

• Beer 1

I like him. If you lay everything out there, he has most of what you want, and also looks solid on game days to back it up. Won’t lie though, does tend to have some quiet quarters or mini ruts but he does have some pretty damn passes. 

Quality of talent around him and his true intangibles under pressure are the big Qs. I think there’s enough on the positive side to warrant taking a swing with him. Far fewer questions than others. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I’m fine with either just to have the hope of a real franchise QB again. It feels like forever since we had a full healthy season with a really good QB.

I don’t see us sticking at 2 though. Too many bad teams left on our schedule. 

That's why we rolled out our supreme tank commander......

North Carolina Smile GIF by Carolina Panthers

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

His team is simply too dominant to properly evaluate him. 

Doesn't mean he isn’t talented, but Ohio State hides a QB well, since they aren’t pressed to improvise, make tough throws, face adversity. 

Can he get it done in 11 v 11? Because on Ohio State he gets to play 7 v 7. 

I’m unconvinced he is better than Corral. Corral is a better athlete; twitchier. Arm is similar. Both have a nice release though Corral’s is better. Stroud makes more NFL throws, but under no pressure. He’s slightly larger, potentially more durable.

Basically one QB was put in situations to show NFL traits, and the other player played pitch and catch. 

I just hope if Stroud is the guy, he doesn’t end up being another JAG hidden by a loaded dynasty program. 

• Pie 1