• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drew Brees - Bad accident or Bad Taste?

KyaKona

2 hours ago, Captroop said:

Sure looks fake. Seems like the only coverage of it seems to be linked to the video. I feel like if this were a credible story, we'd have heard about it happening from legitimate news sources before the video made its way online.

Lightning strikes are incredibly loud and incredibly bright. At night a lightning strike that close would absolutely white out a camera with a night filter on. It wouldn't just be a little blue flash in the corner of the screen. And would have clipped the audio rather than a perfectly piped in "thunder" sound effect.

I'm calling BS and poor taste.

I've been close to 2 lightning strikes in my life, both directly outside the building I was in. The thing that surprised me the most was the heat, we had windows open with screens on. It was like instantly standing next to a blast furnace then it was gone. The flash and thunder were both intense as well, but the most striking part was definitely the heat. 

• Beer 3

36 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

He agreed to do it though.

"Hey Drew, want to do a dumb publicity stunt?

"Nah, that's stupid"

^ How it should have happened. 

ehh dude if I had idiots offering me 6 or 7 figures to do a dumb publicity stunt for like a half a day's work I wouldn't say no. 

• Pie 2

I was fishing on a pier in oak island NC , I was at the very end of the pier where the king mackerel fisherman fish at,I'm probably around 11-13 years old at the time I was fishing in heavy rain like a dummy and only person on the pier except for one old old man 

I'm thinking to myself I'm going to start packing everything up and reel in the lines soon as I picked up my fishing pool BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!¡! Lightning hit me! But come to find out the lightning strike bolt stop thousands or hundreds of feet in the air above me and what I got hit by was the energy that was left from that bolt so I guess u can say I was lucky or not idk...

But boy I will never forget that day all that got hurt that day was my led and foot was burned a tad bit nothing bad and my pride lol. 

But NOW because of that day fishing on that pier if I'm in a boat or anything in get caught in a storm I'm booking it to nearest land lol

• Beer 1