• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye bye Baker

TN05

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

not sure how we would be asking them... when we have all the leverage. Dont forget the Ravens lost Jackson as well yesterday. 

In any case, there's no leverage since the trade deadline passed. We'd just be holding on to him to be petty at this point. We're not gonna play him or resign him, might as well let him go.

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Unless I did the math wrong, Baker was at the 5th rounder threshold until his last start.  That bumped him over the 70% threshold.  We would have to make the playoffs for him to get below that again.  In other words, we don't have enough games left for Baker to get below the 70% again.

I don't think so.

Besides we could just start blowing people out and getting long drives.

Long drives plus more possessions equals higher snap totals.

Profit

Well, kinda surprised me, but good luck to him. There are some teams out there that would be willing to roll the dice.

Coaching here was bad and it certainly didn't help that he had some obvious issues on his own.

We've got a spot open in the QB room, here's hoping some deserving guy will get a chance.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Crazy he'd be released before the season even finished. Shows you what Wilks thinks of him..

Sounds like Baker requested the move and we obliged. I wouldn't assume Wilks dislikes him, but Darnold does seem better in limited action so far. 

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, CanadianCat said:

Why would we release him at this point?

My guess is now there is no chance he plays at least 70% of the snaps which would then make the pick we gave up a 4th round one instead of a 5th.  With Baker no longer on the roster, there is no way that happens 🙂 

Edited by grateflday
fixed poor grammer :-)

Just now, mav1234 said:

Sounds like Baker requested the move and we obliged. I wouldn't assume Wilks dislikes him, but Darnold does seem better in limited action so far. 

Wilks is running this like a business so far. Which is how it should be. Plus I assume we aren’t over the play time threshold with baker. 

32 minutes ago, Captroop said:

It was a high-risk, high-reward wager by the Rhule regime that he'd return to form after his shoulder injury. And if his shoulder was pre-2021 shape, it would have paid off. Behind this line, 2019-2020 era Baker probably would have won games. But it's clear as day that shoulder injury is probably lasting. And that's why Rhule is in Nebraska today.

Not sure how his shoulder had anything to do with his decision making.