• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If a player stinks on one team, but is good on another, what does that mean ?

Day1PanthersFan

Players stinking up the field here, but going to more stable franchises and winning games proves there is something broken at an organizational level within the Panthers , just like the success stories we used to have with players from bad franchises

Keeping your head in the sand and banning anybody that mentions it won't change that 

• Poo 2

I think the answer here is simple.  It's scheme.  Look at Frankie Luuvu.  That guy is flourishing here, but was just a special teamer every where else.  I think all franchises have situations like this happen.  D'onta Foreman has been one of the best running backs in the league since he's gotten the burn.  He has out performed CMC in this offense this season.  CMC goes to San Fran and looks great again.  Then again CMC went to go play for a honorary family member.  Talk about a nepotistic situation.  poo is just weird like that sometimes.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

We don't need to do these mental gymnastics games people.

Our coaching staff is sub-par and we need a new one. 

Agree.  We've got a bunch of "For the feels!" fans here who want Wilkes to continue, but I don't think that's the way to fix the franchise.  We need a new staff.  If the new HC wants to interview existing staff for roles going forward, by all means, interview them.  I think Campen has been incredible for the franchise for instance.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

We don't need to do these mental gymnastics games people.

Our coaching staff is sub-par and we need a new one. 

And it doesn't matter how much of a players' coach Wilks is.  I'd be game for him to stay under a new HC if they like him but he's still a Ron-era echo.  We need a clean slate, new staff.  And an NFL professional level one.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

It's like a draft pick.  Situation matters.  I mean, if Tom Brady went to some military college and they ran the triple option.....he would have sucked. 

Coaching, scheme, talent.  All that impacts how a player grows or plays. 

I mean, Rams vs Carolina.  Rams have a significantly better offensive guy running that show.  That's going to help not hurt a player.   Not just QB.  You could put Kupp on a lot of teams he wouldn't be the same guy either.  Bad O scheme.  Bad QB.  Behind a bad O.  It limits his potential. 

• Pie 2