• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next Offensive and Defensive Coordinator

Chris Smitty

He needs to do better than anything he has connections to but I also expect a coaching crew built heavily on his connections. I would hope the OC came from outside of that but I would expect Holcomb to be his DC. I'm not sure he can put together a crew that would survive more than 2 years here regardless. Once the free pass of his interim year passes he projects as a very meh candidate who will make his players happy but I just can't see anything but mediocrity. The Holcomb as DC is a dealkiller for me personally but whatever, some people just have to learn the hard way. 

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Holcomb is Wilks choice. If Wilks gets the full-time job, he's not going anywhere.

I could see McAdoo sticking as a QB coach perhaps.

OC could be wide open.

I can see Wilks retaining MacAdoo if the offense produces well enough through the end of the season. Not my #1 option but wouldn’t surprise me. Sean Ryan has done a decent job as QB coach, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s retained, and the same goes for Campen. If there is to be a change at OC, then all of this is could be moot.

I agree on Holcomb though I would hope we’d upgrade or at least augment the rest of the defensive staff. I’d hope we’d go with more experienced position coaches on both sides specifically DB and WR coaching.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2